|Pre-registration (new incoming students only)
To reserve your place in one of UDEM’s Undergraduate Degree programs, it is advisable to make a pre-registration payment in the amount of $4,000.00 mexican pesos, which will be credited to the payment of your semester upon completion of the registration process. The registration process should be completed by class start date (late registration policies apply).
According to the refund policy, in case of withdrawal before classes start 50% retention will be applied only to students who have not received an offer of financial aid.
If the student has received an offer of financial aid, no refund applies.
After class start date, no refunds apply in any case.
- Not having any overdue payments or blocks.
- Holding a Major Medical Insurance Policy (SGMM). You must submit a copy of the cover page of your major medical insurance policy at the CIAA. If you are affiliated to the Mexican Social Insurance Institute (IMSS), submit a copy of your current IMSS affiliation form and card. Either way, you must submit the “SGMM or IMSS information form”. If you fail to prove that you hold an SGMM policy, you must purchase the UDEM SGMM. Price: MX$3,521.00 pesos (price subject to change without notice).
- Make payment of Tuition Insurance Coverage*. Should the person in charge of paying for a student’s tuition [as entered in admission application or with the Information Services and Student Services (CIAA)] pass away, this coverage will pay for the remaining credits that the student needs to complete his/her undergraduate program at the University of Monterrey.
*To consult corresponding policies, procedures, or manuals, access the UDEM Portal, “Servicios”(Services) tab, “Inscripciones” (Registrations) menu, “¿Necesitas ayuda?” (Do you need help?) section, “Manuales, formatos y guías rápidas” (Manuals, formats, and quick guides) option.
- Bank transfer (electronic transfer)* through the Banorte, Banamex, Bancomer, HSBC, Scotiabank, and Santander portals.
- Cash or check. Direct payment at a branch of one of the aforementioned banks, submitting deposit slip. If you pay by check, it should be made out to Universidad de Monterrey for the amount due. Write your student number and telephone number on the back of the check.
- Credit card. Payment-in-full options 1, 2, 3, and 5 included in the "Consulta los costos"(Check costs) section allow you to pay tuition through the UDEM Portal. If you prefer option 4, deferred payment, you can pay by Banorte credit card through the UDEM Portal.
Card payments incur a 2% + VAT surcharge on total payment amount, except for payment option 4.
* To consult corresponding policies, procedures, or manuals, access the UDEM Portal, “Servicios”(Services) tab, “Inscripciones” (Registrations) menu, “¿Necesitas ayuda?” (Do you need help?) section, “Manuales, formatos y guías rápidas” (Manuals, formats, and quick guides) option.
|1 Benefit for payment in full
|If Spring 2018 registration is paid in full in a lump-sum payment, the Autumn 2017 price will be applied, through December 26, 2017.
performed with a standard load of 36 credits, without the charge of asset
coverage and without insurance of major medical expenses.
- Medical Doctor: $104,030.00
Due Date (the number of installments to be paid varies according to selected payment option).
- February 1, 2018
- March 1, 2018
- April 2, 2018
- May 2, 2018
Late payment fee
A charge of $1,000.00 pesos is applied for late payment after each installment due date (charge subject to change without notice). If you have any outstanding debt at the end of the semester, 1% interest will be charged monthly on each installment.
Various fees for use of FFELP credits
Applied to North American students in that program only.
Returned Check Fee
20% of the amount on the check, plus any charges that may be incurred against UDEM.
Late Registration Fee
As from January 15, 2018, a late registration fee is applied in the amount of $110 mexican pesos per registered credit, regardless of payment method and of the financial aid percentage that the student may have. This fee is also applied for registration of courses after course start date and cant be coverd with any financial aid.
Students that present a proof of payment made before January 15, 2018, after this last date mentioned, will not be charged with late fee.
Should you wish to leave the institution, you
must advise the director of the academic program of your decision in
order to formalize the process. Subsequently, you must go to the CIAA to
complete the administrative steps.
As per the reimbursement policy
for academic withdrawal, 10% retention will be applied if you formalize
your withdrawal before the beginning of classes and an additional 12%
retention will be applied for every week of classes that elapses. The
surcharge applies over the total cost of the semester and according to
the method of payment; scholarships do not apply.
Once you have taken the co-curricular credits that correspond to your study program, you may sign up for more co-curricular courses, with a cost equivalent to two credits according to the payment option that you choose when you register.