The Universidad de Monterrey want to help bring about positive change in our country by providing academically excellent education and by offering privately funded academic assistance to highly qualified students.
Who is Eligible?
Both national and international first semester students in the areas of Art, Architecture, Textile and Fashion Design, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Industrial Design and Sustainable Innovation and Energy, and who is committed to developing and improving their creative talent in one of these fields.
Finalists must also take the creative talent exam and conduct an interview with the Creativity Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Scored at least 1200 on the institutional College Board or the PAA (Academic Aptitude Exam).
- You must be accepted into the UDEM in one of the programs of art, architecture, and design. For more information please contact the New Student Services Office on the first floor of the Rectory tel. +52 (81) 8215 1010 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Having completed the above requirement the student must turn in the following before noon on the 23rd of March, 2018, 12:00 pm:
These documents should be addressed to:
- A statement of purpose addressed to the “The Creativity Scholarship Selection Committed 2018” stating your interests, area of study, and why you feel you desire this scholarship. Please answer in a maximum of two pages, which you will turn in printed on a single side and in a folder with your name.
- Curriculum vitae and an academic or professional portfolio that shows you potential for the field. Both should printed on standard paper (preferable on both sides of the page) and should not exceed ten pages. Include an additional page with your person information: name, date of birth, address, email address, and telephone number. Each work in your portfolio should be accompanied by its technical information: medium, date, techniques used, whether it was done with a professor or on your own, and any other information the artist considers relevant. The portfolio will not be returned and may be used, with the artists permission, to promote the scholarship in the future.
- Two sealed academic letters of recommendation. These letters should include the following information: the relationship between the person writing the letter and the applicant, how long the writer has known the applicant, and to what institution belongs the writer.
Lic. Priscila Aidé Garza Moreno
Universidad de Monterrey
Centro Roberto Garza Sada, 3th floor Ote.
Av. Ignacio Morones Prieto 4500 Pte.
San Pedro Garza García, N.L., México
C. P. 66238
Selection and Award Process
The Creativity Scholarship Selection Committee will assess the
material it receives and announce a pre-selection on the 19th of April,
2018 by mean of an official email sent to the email you supply us.
On May 9th, 2018, we will announce the winner by means of the UDEM media outlets and the winner will be personally contacted.
The creativity exams and the interview process will take place before and April 28th, 2018.
The Creativity Scholarship Selection Committee will resolve any exceptions to the above.
The Creativity Scholarship Selection Committee will consist of important members of the creative world and will remain anonymous.
The committee’s decision will be final.
Extent and Conditions of the Scholarship
|Opening of the selection process
||October 16th, 2017|
|Final day and hour that documents will be received
||March 23rd, 2018|
|Notification of pre-selection
||April 19th, 2018|
|Interview and testing of finalists
||Until April 28th, 2018|
||May 9th, 2018|
- Inscription and tuition for your entire undergraduate program.
- Property Insurance.
- Medical Insurance.
- Personal workspace in the excellence area of the CRGS.
- Spanish assistance for one year, if needed by means of continuing education courses
Requisite for Annual Renovation of the Scholarship
- Maintain at least a 90 grade point average.
- Pass all your courses.
- Prove 100% participation in academic activities organized by DAAD.
- Maintain a full academic load and keep up with your program requirements.
- Maintain excellent conduct and comply with the UDEM and CRGS rules and regulations.
- Put at least one work per semester on display in an area selected by your program director.
- Update your portfolio annually.
- Pass the Spanish language course, in cases where this applies.