Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In

Immigration Processes

Become familiar with the immigration procedures you will have to pass through if you come to the UDEM to complete a degree or on exchange.


Admission Requirements and Applications

To enroll in an UDEM Graduate Program you must meet the following requisites:
  1. Hold and Undergraduate degree be able to present documents verifying that you finish these studies, and those required for the Department of Admissions.
  2. Have work experience (please consult your choosen program for details).
  3. Conduct an interview with the graduate program director.
  4. Submit your current curriculum vitae to If you are applying the Art, Architecture and Design programs, you must also submit a portfolio.*
  5. Create your profile on the website SER UDEM (spanish).
  6. Approve the Competency Assessment for Graduate School (ECIP) exclusively for our Graduate applicants. Request information at, or phone number: +52 (81) 8215-1000 ext. 1535, 1648 and 1109.
  7. If you are a foreign student you must submit a copy of your migration form (FM3). 
  8. The opening hours of the Department of Graduate Studies Linking is Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 19:00 hours and Saturdays from 10:00 to 13:00 hours.

    Admissions applicant must present the following documents

  • Original document of your birth certificate from the current year (For international students, this document should be apostilled).
  • Official Certificate of Undergraduate (original and legalized).
  • A legible copy of your profession certification.*
  • A legible, certified copy of your Undergraduate diploma.
  • A legible copy of your CURP.
  • 4 recent black and white infant sized photographs with your name on the back (no instant photos)
  • Copy of an official identification of the applicant (INE, passport).
  • Copy of a utility bill (water, electricity or phone) and must not be more than three months old.
  • Prior to the payment of registration you must submit signed Terms and conditions of entry and residence of the Universidad de Monterrey.
* If you do not have you diploma or professional certification, you must submit proof that it is in process, even if it only covers the current period.

Foreign student must submit a copy of their current Migration Form (FM3) and a letter proving they have no criminal history in their country.

Applicants with foreign studies must submit documents which are equivalent to those described above, which must also be legalized by the Mexican Consulate, certified in the Department of Higher Education, or apostilled in the certification department of country where the studies were conducted.

You must submit this paperwork to the Graduate Admission Office on the third floor of the Rectory. Alternatively, you may send the paperwork to the following address at least two months before you hope to enroll.

Universidad de Monterrey
Dirección de Vinculación Área de Posgrado
Rectoría, 3er piso
Ave. Ignacio Morones Prieto No. 4500 Pte.
San Pedro Garza García, Nuevo León
C. P. 66238 México

Thomas M. Buntru

Director of International Programs