Connect, get involved, and join.
To take UDEM to sustainable development with the generation of knowledge and the implementation of strategies to connect, involve, and get the community to join in an effort to minimize the environmental impacts created by everyday activities, through the development of internal and external projects.
To take UDEM to a position of international leadership among the educational institutions committed to the preservation of natural resources, the minimization of environmental impact, and the fostering of sustainable development by bringing about the participation of the community: connecting the students, getting collaborators involved, and getting entrepreneurs and authorities to join and come on board.
1. To enrich comprehensive university education with programs and awareness-raising actions to generate culture of sustainability and a transforming leadership of students, through:
- Awareness, through dissemination and sensitization
- Comprehensive education from the curriculum
- Research in UDEM campus to become a carbon neutral campus
- Research-action-participation in underprivileged communities
2. To strengthen the UDEM community with sustainable development actions to promote the carrying out of “self-managed” projects that promote sustainability through concrete actions based on science and research.
3. To promote alliances and synergies which allow us to increase sustainable action programs and research. To extend formative experiences (being) and sustainable action (doing) developed in the Center to other organizations cooperating in the sustainable development of Mexico.