The Product Engineering Master’s Degree Program prepares experts in the technological management of design processes and product improvement in order to promote industrial competitiveness and to encourage the creation of intellectual capital.
Graduates create useful products and generate value through innovation. Also, they develop new technologies and creative uses for existing technology.Objective
To train specialists in technological design processes and the management of product improvement to boost industrial competitiveness and stimulate intellectual capital creation. The Product Engineering Master's Degree Program graduates:
- Apply methodologies with scientific rigor in order to validate products and promote industrial competitiveness.
- Emphasize the use of modern technologies such as mathematical modeling, tribology, structural optimization through finite elements, and research in business and social development.
- Create intellectual capital by developing new technologies and product innovation.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Optimize product design and development by means of structural optimization, the finite elements method and/or mechanical vibration analysis in order to generate business value.
- Incorporate new materials-oriented technologies into product design in order to generate business value.
- Design applied research related with product engineering in order to generate knowledge.
- Master the basic professional skills (problem solving, ethical decision-making, negotiation and the application of rational thought to logics and communication) when performing professional work.