All users of Directo UDEM must comply with the service use policies.
The purpose of these regulations is to establish the guidelines and provisions that apply to providers and users of the Directo UDEM student transport service. Penalties applicable for the violation of any of the provisions contained in these regulations are also covered here.
I. Boarding Card
All users of the Directo UDEM transport service must show their boarding card to the driver when boarding the bus.
It is the sole responsibility of the User to make proper use of the boarding card, which is personal and non-transferable. Any User found making inappropriate use of the card will lose access to the transport service on a permanent basis.
- Failure to carry the boarding card will result in a report and the refusal of service.
- Bus Drivers have been instructed not to allow Users not wearing the transport service card to get on board the vehicles.
- If a user loses the service card, he/she must report the loss and have a replacement card processed at the Directo UDEM coordinator’s office. The replacement card has an additional cost of MX$150.00 pesos, with no exceptions.
- Bus Drivers are not allowed to receive any such payments.
- A payment slip will be exchanged for the corresponding card at the Directo UDEM general office, or at the Directo UDEM coordinator’s office for preparatory school students. Users should come to the respective office on the public information day posted on the bulletin board of each university unit.
- Users of loose one-way trips will give the driver the corresponding ticket and show him some official identification. A ticket will not be valid if it has been altered in any way (smudges, erasures, etc.). Students subscribed to the Directo UDEM service (those students with a service card) will be given preference to take available seats in the bus.
II. Conduct Expected from Users
- Behaving appropriately, watching their language.
- Treating other Users and the Bus Drivers with respect.
- Refraining from throwing or expelling any objects while riding on the bus. Users should remain orderly seated at all times while on the bus.
- Eating on the buses is prohibited.
- Following instructions given by Drivers.
Bus Drivers must obey and enforce the provisions contained in the regulations.
All acts of indiscipline inside the buses and/or an omission and/or violations of the provisions in this section will be penalized in accordance with the general regulations for students of the Universidad de Monterrey. The foregoing includes damaging or making improper use of the transport vehicles or any part of them.
- Bus stops have been previously established in the route program and they will not be modified without prior authorization from the Directo UDEM Coordinator’s Office.
- Users should arrive at the bus stop at least 10 minutes before the time indicated in the official route map.
- For safety reasons, no users will be allowed to get on board a bus at unauthorized stops.
IV. Directo UDEM Transport – Cancellation of Service and Refunds
- Cancellation of service and requested refunds should be reported to the Directo UDEM Coordinator’s office. This should be done by the first week of September. No refunds will be made after this period.
- A refund takes 15 working days to be processed. Service cards should be returned when requesting a refund, with no exceptions.
Permanent suspension of the Directo UDEM transport service will depend on the seriousness of the breach of regulations and will be decided by the Directo UDEM Coordinator’s office. This decision will be final and conclusive.
V. Other Provisions
The Directo UDEM service is provided on working days during the school term, including the final exams period. Any changes will be notified through the information board located at the bus stop and through the UDEM Portal.
The 16:15 schedule is provided for students participating in Cultural Promotion or Physical Education activities. This service runs and is suspended in accordance with the activity calendar of Prepa UDEM. Students using the service at this time for any other reason should stay informed and adjust to the departure point of the Directo UDEM vehicle.
Any situations not covered in these regulations will be dealt with by the Directo UDEM coordinator’s office. Students are solely responsible for their personal effects and for any damage to them. The Bus Drivers and the University of Monterrey are not responsible for the students before they are picked up at the official time at their corresponding bus stop or after they are dropped off at such stop. Each student is responsible for getting on and off the bus at the right stop.
Any incident occurring on the bus should be reported by the User and/or bus driver to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.