Before deciding where to live, it is important for you to understand some points.
We want you to choose the best option so that your stay in Monterrey can be an unforgettable experience. Please note the following:
- Visit a number of the options that we give you. One of them will be the best alternative for you.
- Once you have chosen a residence, you should inform Housing Locator through an e-mail.
- Request a boarding tenancy agreement that includes the following points:
- Monthly price, rent due day, increase percentage per semester or year.
- Ask if a deposit should be made as collateral (if so, enquire as to the reason for this payment)
- The state of the property and the working order of anything in it. Report all damage or malfunction to the landlord so that you are not held responsible for it when you leave.
- Find out who is responsible for payment of utilities (water, electricity, telephone, gas, etc.) and in what percentages. We suggest that you contract your own telephone line to avoid possible future complications.
- Type of service provided: meals, days, and hours
- Cleaning service (room, linens, towels, clothes, ironing, etc.)
- Term of the contract and conditions for early termination.
- Signature of three parties involved (the landlord, the parents, and the student). Each party should keep a copy of contract.
- Ask for a copy in writing of the rules of conduct to be observed in the house, which should include the curfew time if there is one, visitors allowed, use of common areas, etc. You should be perfectly clear about what you can and cannot do.
- Clarify any other points not contained in these recommendations and ask the Busco Hogar office for support if you have any questions.
Housing Locator is located in the Residence Halls Building; call us at (81) 8215-1354 or at our toll free line 01 800-801-UDEM ext. 1354.
Note: Housing Locator only acts as a contact between landlords and foreign and out-of-town members of the UDEM community; UDEM will not be held responsible for the negotiations carried out or for debts that may result from the contract between the parties.