We at UDEM believe that we find a sense of transcendence when we put our talents in the service of others.
The mission of the “El Centro para la Solidaridad y la Filantropía” (Center for Solidarity and Philanthropy) (CESYF) is to afford the UDEM community the opportunity to develop a conscience and social responsibility by participating in community action programs oriented to conferring dignity to people and to their social mobility, thus finding a sense of transcendence in the service of others.
- Formation of conscience and social responsibility
This implies sensitizing the university community on social conscience and promoting it among its members, based on the development of critical judgment and concrete proposal that benefit the communities in greatest need.
- Dignifying the person and social mobility
The programs developed by the Center for Solidarity and Philanthropy respond to the need to promote the dignity of the person among members of the community through the acknowledgment of their potential as agents of change and their commitment to the pursuit of the common good.
A sense of transcendence in the service of others
Serving others is a unique experience in which students develop and share their talents, skills, and knowledge while acknowledging their own potential as transforming leaders in the service of the community. We believe that community development is achieved through systematic global action. Therefore, the Center for Solidarity and Philanthropy is an active member of:
Association with National and International Organizations
that community development is achieved through systematic global action.
Therefore, the Center for Solidarity and Philanthropy is an active
- The International Association for Research on Service-Learning and Community Engagement (IARSLCE)
- Red Iberoamericana de Aprendizaje-Servicio Solidario (The Latin American Network for Supportive Service-Learning)
- Campus Compact
- The Taillores Network
- Centro Latinoamericano de Aprendizaje y Servicio Solidario (The Latin American Center for Service – Learning) (CLAYSS)
- Red latinoamericana de Universidades por el Emprendimiento Social (The Latin American Network of Universities for Social Entreprenurship)
- The National Youth Leadership Council (NYLC)
- Comisión Interuniversitaria de Servicio Social en México (The Inter-university Commission on Social Service in Mexico) (CISS)
For further information: