The undergraduate degree program in Automotive Design (IDA) features an innovative curriculum designed in blocks of courses in mechanical and mechatronic systems, electronic systems and technologies, materials engineering, and materials mechanics, which will allow you to adapt it in accordance with your tastes and interests.
Furthermore, we have specialties in Automatic Processes, Materials, and Advanced Robotics.
Dual degree programs with French and Japanese universities.
Exchange programs with the best universities.
We educate and train enterprising and competent professionals in automotive systems design. We train you to promote the technological development of products, elements, systems, and technologies related to the automotive industry to improve the quality of life and work of users of automotive systems that work in industrial, commercial, and technological development areas.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will analyze and design mechanical systems that comprise automotive parts and mechanisms to produce innovative products, improve assembly processes, and optimize their performance.
- You will study the materials of elements, parts, and mechanisms to propose and design improvements that have an impact on an automobile’s performance features.
- You will make decisions based on mathematical, mechanical, and electronic foundations to integrate product and manufacture solutions related to automotive systems.
Bachelor of Automotive Design. Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20120087 dated January 16, 2012. Effective as of January 2012.
As a candidate to pursue this program, you must have...
- Skills in the areas of mechanics, electronics, and materials.
- A disposition to propose and develop solutions with practical application projects.
- A desire to use cutting-edge technologies and state-of-the-art design tools.
- An interest in developing innovative automotive applications.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following competencies:
- You will promote the technological development of products, systems, and technologies related to the automotive industry.
- You will integrate knowledge of mechanical design, electronic design, control, and industrial design to generate improvement solutions. You will design new automotive systems and components.
- You will use computing tools and specialized laboratory equipment to design, analyze, integrate, and validate leading-edge automotive systems and components.
- You will improve the quality of life of automotive systems’ users.
Field of work
As an IDA graduate, you will be able to work in motor-vehicle manufacturing plants; plants that design and manufacture mechanical parts, electronic components, and automotive parts; research, design, and product engineering centers; laboratories and test centers carrying out wear, impact, lifetime, and endurance tests; and as the creator of companies specializing in the development of automotive systems and components.
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Automotive Electronics Engineer
- Test Engineer
- Analysis Engineer
- Plant Engineer
- Process Engineer
- Quality Engineer
- Automation Engineer
- Electromechanical Engineer
- Automatic Control Engineer
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Profesores de la Escuela de Ingeniería y Tecnologías
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.