The UDEM Mechatronics Engineering Program was created in response to specific requests from the industry and is backed by the quality of its professors, the access to state-of-the-art technology, and a clear practical approach that enables students to participate in projects such as Mini Baja and the Tecnos award. Additionally, our students are pre-approved to participate in an exchange program with leading universities in the engineering field, such as Rice, Konstanz and UT (PANAM), among others.Objectives
- Develop innovative professionals, entrepreneurs and capable of integrating knowledge of Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Computer Systems to generate technical and economically feasible solutions.
- Promote sustainable technological development through products, processes and services in society.
- Develop professionals capable of solving problems and communicating solutions, considering factors such as ethical responsibility and global, social and environmental impact.
Student Learning Outcomes
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying
principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs
with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social,
environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations
and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions
in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide
leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks,
and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret
data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning
Additional information about the program
UDEM committed to educational excellence, ensures that the Mechatronics Engineer program meets the highest standards in academic quality.