The Master’s Degree Program in Industrial and Systems Engineering (MIIS) has an innovative curriculum that will allow you to specialize in the design and management of the logistic systems, lean systems, and processes that make up a company’s operations, with a practical approach, by identifying and proposing creative strategies.
You will take 10 courses when pursuing this master, in addition to the Management Skills Seminar.
With a program that is unique in the region, we will prepare you to become a specialist in the design and management of logic systems, supply chains, and the different processes that make up a company’s operations, with a practical approach.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will create and manage lean manufacturing systems to generate business value.
- You will incorporate new industrial engineering methods and techniques to optimize processes and generate business value.
- You will design applied research related to industrial engineering to generate knowledge.
- You will master basic professional skills (problem solving, making ethical decisions, negotiation, and applying reasoning to logic and communication) for the performance of your work duties.
- Hold an undergraduate degree in engineering or a like discipline.
- Work in the areas of logistics, quality, or operations management.
- Show a positive attitude toward change. Have a strong inclination to decision-making.
- Be analytical, creative, innovative, and visionary.
- Have an interest in the use of computing tools.
- Have a good command of the English language.
Upon completion of this master’s degree, you will have acquired the following knowledge:
- Management of the supply chain.
- Production systems and their management.
- Organizational systems theory.
- Quantitative methods and business analytics for decision-making.
- Systems modeling and simulation to develop twin process.
- Entrepreneurship and its application to operations management.
- Total quality management.
- Knowledge of Industry 4.0 in operations and logistics.
Depending on the emphasis...
- Design and management of logistic systems.
- Design and management of lean manufacturing systems.
- Service design and management.
- Innovation design and management.
Upon completion of this master's degree program, you will have acquired the following skills:
- Leadership management.
- Effective communication when designing visual aids and presenting them.
- Problem solving, considering key issues.
- An integrative vision when optimizing productive and administrative processes across the supply chain.
- Use of advances software as a tool in problem assessment and decision-making.
- Negotiation and teamwork.
Upon completion of this master’s degree program, you will have acquired the following attitudes:
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Continuing education and professional updating.
- A strong sense of ethics and responsibility.
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Consult the courses that you will take when pursuing the Master’s Degree Program in Industrial and Systems Engineering.
*The order presented may change.
|Quantitative Methods for Decision Making||6|
|Modeling and Simulation||6|
|Operation Management for Decision Making||6|
|Managing the Supply Chain||6|
|Total Quality Management||6|
|Management Skills Seminar||6|
Profesores de la Escuela de Ingeniería y Tecnologías
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.