The undergraduate degree program in Mechanical Engineering and Administration (IMA) has a curriculum that will provide you with solid theoretical-practical education and training. You will receive support from faculty members of renown in the industry and you will have the opportunity of carrying out practices at the Center for Technological Innovation. Furthermore, you will be able to participate in exchange programs with prestigious universities who are leaders in this field, such as Rice, Constanz, and UT (PANAM).
Dual degree programs with French and Japanese universities.
Exchange programs with the best universities.
We prepare you to be a professional with the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitudes to be able to design, implement, and develop transformation processes and products with a focus on innovation, technological development, and business profitability.
You will provide technically and economically feasible solutions for new transformation processes and products, focusing on business, in order to generate an improvement cycle.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will analyze and design mechanical systems that comprise parts, mechanisms, and tools, in order to create innovative products and improve industrial processes.
- You will study the materials used in elements, parts, and mechanisms, in order to propose and design improvements to products and their processes.
- You will learn to make decisions to provide process solutions, based on technological, manufacturing, and market trends.
- You will integrate mathematical formulas with the foundations of mechanics in the analyses and designs of products and processes.
Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering and Administration. Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20090918 dated October 8, 2009. Effective as of March 2015.
As a candidate to pursue this program, you must have...
- An attraction to and inclination for exact sciences.
- An interest in applying science, technology, and common sense for the benefit of society.
- An interest in the design and construction of commonly used objects.
- Analytical skills.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following knowledge:
About mechanical engineering:
- Design of machine elements, mechanisms, and machinery, as well as the technological limits of hydraulic and thermodynamic systems in order to achieve an appropriate use of energy.
About materials engineering:
- Technological limits of transformation processes and materials, and their effect on the attributes of the product and productive systems.
About manufacturing engineering:
- Manufacturing processes of the metalworking industry.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following skills:
- You will carry out new applications of mechanical components, devices, or systems in productive or service processes to improve their performance, using engineering design methodologies.
- You will undertake technological prospective studies, thanks to your detailed knowledge on research results and development, tests and plans for market entry, of new materials, components, devices, or electromechanical systems, usable in productive or service processes.
- You will assess the performance of mechanical components, devices, or systems used in existing productive or service processes, using physical, economic, and mathematical models.
- You will create new business opportunities, resulting from successful innovative applications of mechanical components, devices, or systems, in productive or service systems, using new product development methodologies.
- You will apply the operational principles of manufacturing mechanisms, devices, machines, and processes.
- You will plan, control, and automize the variables of a productive system.
- You will apply mathematical and physical concepts to the understanding of engineering phenomena and problems.
- You will have bibliography and courses in English, immersion in general and specific oral and written communication skills of the area.
- You will carry out internships and your Final Evaluation Project in order to develop excellent work relationships.
Upon completion of the program, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- You will have a disposition for continuous improvement in all processes and products involved in your area of expertise.
- You will generate a high-performance technological environment that improves the competitiveness of productive and service processes through innovative proposals for mechanical components, devices, or systems, using project portfolio methodologies.
Field of work
As an IMA graduate, you will be able to work in areas related to technology operation, updating, or creation; the implementation and management of manufacturing systems and processes; production planning, management, and control; and quality assurance of production processes, products, and services. You may also create your own business or become an independent consultant.
- Mechanical design engineer
- Materials engineer
- Project engineer
- Analysis engineer
- Manufacturing process engineer
- Quality engineer
- Project engineer
- Machine engineer
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Profesores de la Escuela de Ingeniería y Tecnologías
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.