As the program with the highest demand at UDEM, our undergraduate degree program in Industrial and Systems Engineering (IIS) offers you the most thorough curriculum in the region, which is taught by faculty who are highly prestigious in the industry. Furthermore, it includes courses in industrial engineering, quality, manufacturing, and logistics.
IIS is part of the Padrón de Excelencia EGEL (Ceneval’s EGEL Excellence Register) of High Academic Performance Programs – Level 1.
Program at UDEM to obtain the ABET accreditation, the most important accreditation in Engineering worldwide.
Place in graduate hiring according to the Encuesta de empresas socio-estratégicas de Nuevo León (Survey of socio-strategic companies of Nuevo León).
National accreditation in Engineering with CACEI (Council for the Accreditation of Engineering Education, A. C.).
Dual-degree programs with American and French universities.
We train and educate professionals with a great capacity for the analysis, design, management, and implementation of productive and administrative processes and systems that surpass quality, efficiency, and profitability standards, using a sustainable, ethical systemic approach. They are self-directed professionals working to face the major global challenges in Engineering.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will design, implement, and manage productive and administrative process systems.
- You will be able to identify current needs, considering sustainability in a global context, with distinguished professionals in the fields of service and continuous improvement.
- You will develop a sense of innovation and an ethical commitment to the different professional scenarios.
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering with Recognition of Official Validity granted by the Secretariat of Public Education, dated March 19, 2021, in accordance with RVOE agreement 20210450. Effective as from January 2021.
As a candidate to pursue this program, you should have
- Knowledge of mathematical and verbal reasoning.
- A capacity for analysis, leadership, and teamwork.
- An interest in seeking the continuous improvement of your milieu and in participating in decision-making.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- An upright, proactive spirit of service that is open to multiculturality.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- You will be able to identify, formulate, and solve complex Engineering problems, applying the principles of Engineering, Science, and Mathematics.
- You will apply analysis and synthesis to the Engineering design process in order to produce solutions that address specific needs, taking into account environmental impacts and industrial safety.
- You will develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment in order to draw conclusions.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following skills:
- You will be able to communicate effectively with a range of audiences, orally, in writing or graphically, to present projects or research related to your profession.
- You will be able to work efficiently in an interdisciplinary team whose members provide leadership together, create a collaborative environment and set goals, plan tasks, and achieve objectives.
- You will have the ability to acquire, update, and apply new knowledge as necessary in different areas of industrial Engineering, such as process quality assurance, industrial safety, and continuous improvement and sustainability methodologies.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- You will fulfill your professional responsibilities in an ethical manner.
- You will make informed judgements, considering the impact of Industrial Engineering within global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
Field of work
As an IIS graduate, you will be able to work in any type of organization in the productive, manufacturing, financial, governmental, health, educational, and service sectors, or in a professional development area focusing on continuous improvement and the optimization of work systems.
- Director general
- Project engineer
- Quality engineer
- Process engineer
- Industrial management analyst
- Customer service coordinator
- Purchasing planner
- Production planning and control coordinator
- Shipping logistics coordinator
- Logistics and supply chain coordinator
- Human capital coordinator
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Professors of the School of Engineering and Technologies
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.