The Bachelor's Degree of Administrative Mechanical Engineering (IMA) has a curriculum that will provide you with solid theoretical-practical education and training. You will receive support from faculty members of renown in the industry and you will have the opportunity of carrying out practices at the Center for Technological Innovation. Furthermore, you will be able to participate in exchange programs with prestigious universities who are leaders in this field, such as Rice, Constanz, and UT (PANAM).
Dual degree programs with French and Japanese universities.
Exchange programs with the best universities.
National accreditation in Engineering with CACEI (Council for the Accreditation of Engineering Education, A. C.).
Part of the Padrón de Excelencia EGEL (Ceneval’s EGEL Excellence Register) and annual winners of the CENEVAL national award.
First external participants in the University of Michigan SURE Program.
Educating Mechanical Engineers at UDEM.
Winners of awards like Engenius by Nemak, ExpoCiencias Nacional, Best Student Poster Competition STLE, Metalsa Summer Innovation Challenge.
- Design, implement and develop; products and processes, focusing on innovation, technological development and business profitability.
- Provide technical and economical feasible solutions to create, improve or transform processes and products, focusing on business, in order to generate an improvement cycle.
- Develop professional skills to solve problems using engineering, science and communication abilities; considering ethical responsibility and global, social and environmental impact.
Student Learning Outcomes
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Bachelor's Degree of Administrative Mechanical Engineering. Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20210452 dated March 17, 2021. Effective as of January 2021.
As a candidate to pursue this program, you must have...
- An attraction to and inclination for exact sciences.
- An interest in applying science, technology, and common sense for the benefit of society.
- An interest in the design and construction of commonly used objects.
- Analytical skills.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following knowledge:
About mechanical engineering:
- Design of machine elements, mechanisms, and machinery, as well as the technological limits of hydraulic and thermodynamic systems in order to achieve an appropriate use of energy.
About materials engineering:
- Technological limits of transformation processes and materials, and their effect on the attributes of the product and productive systems.
About manufacturing engineering:
- Manufacturing processes of the metalworking industry.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following skills:
- You will carry out new applications of mechanical components, devices, or systems in productive or service processes to improve their performance, using engineering design methodologies.
- You will undertake technological prospective studies, thanks to your detailed knowledge on research results and development, tests and plans for market entry, of new materials, components, devices, or electromechanical systems, usable in productive or service processes.
- You will assess the performance of mechanical components, devices, or systems used in existing productive or service processes, using physical, economic, and mathematical models.
- You will create new business opportunities, resulting from successful innovative applications of mechanical components, devices, or systems, in productive or service systems, using new product development methodologies.
- You will apply the operational principles of manufacturing mechanisms, devices, machines, and processes.
- You will plan, control, and automize the variables of a productive system.
- You will apply mathematical and physical concepts to the understanding of engineering phenomena and problems.
- You will have bibliography and courses in English, immersion in general and specific oral and written communication skills of the area.
- You will carry out internships and your Final Evaluation Project in order to develop excellent work relationships.
Upon completion of the program, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- You will have a disposition for continuous improvement in all processes and products involved in your area of expertise.
- You will generate a high-performance technological environment that improves the competitiveness of productive and service processes through innovative proposals for mechanical components, devices, or systems, using project portfolio methodologies.
Field of work
As an IMA graduate, you will be able to work in areas related to technology operation, updating, or creation; the implementation and management of manufacturing systems and processes; production planning, management, and control; and quality assurance of production processes, products, and services. You may also create your own business or become an independent consultant.
- Mechanical Design
- Materials Engineering
- Project Management
- Failure Analysis
- Manufacturing Process
- Research and Development
- Finite Element Analysis
- Product Development
- Technical Sales
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Professors of the School of Engineering and Technologies
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.