The undergraduate degree in Mechatronics Engineering (IMT) has a curriculum that is endorsed by the quality of our faculty, access to cutting-edge technology and state-of-the-art tools, and practical orientation that will enable you to participate in projects such as Mini Baja and Premio Tecnos.
Furthermore, we give you the opportunity to participate in activities abroad, at leading universities in engineering such as Rice, Constanz, and UT (PANAM), to name a few.
Dual degree programs with French and Japanese universities.
Exchange programs with the best universities.
We prepare you to be an innovative and enterprising professional who is capable of integrating knowledge of mechanical engineering, electronic engineering, and computer systems in order to generate technically and economically feasible solutions. You will promote sustainable technological development through products, processes and services to society, in order to solve problems and communicate solutions, taking into consideration factors such as ethical responsibility and their global, social, and environmental impact.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- You will apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- You will communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- You will recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- You will function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- You will develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- You will acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering. Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20090919 dated October 8, 2009. Effective as of March 2015.
As a candidate to pursue this program, you must have...
- An attraction to and inclination for exact sciences.
- An interest in applying science, technology, and common sense for the benefit of society.
- An interest in the design and construction of commonly used objects.
- Analytical skills.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- Design of mechanical elements.
- Design of machinery.
- Electronic design.
- Integration of computer systems and automatic systems.
Upon completion of the program, you will have developed the following skills:
- You will master the operational principles of mechanisms, pieces of equipment, machines, energy sources; and measuring, control, and protection devices.
- You will carry out new applications of electromechanical components, devices, or systems in productive or service processes to improve their performance, using engineering design methodologies.
- You will undertake technological prospective studies, thanks to your detailed knowledge on research results and development, tests and plans for market entry, of new materials, components, devices, or electromechanical systems, usable in productive or service processes.
- You will assess the performance of mechanical components, devices, or systems used in existing productive or service processes, using physical, economic, and mathematical models.
- You will create new business opportunities, resulting from successful innovative applications of mechanical components, devices, or systems, in productive or service systems, using new product development methodologies.
Upon completion of the program, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- You will have a disposition for continuous improvement in all processes and products involved in your area of expertise.
- You will generate a high-performance technological environment that improves the competitiveness of productive and service processes through innovative proposals for mechanical components, devices, or systems, using project portfolio methodologies.
Field of work
As an IMT graduate, you will be able to develop new products and services, managing projects in areas such as energy saving, the efficient use of energy, robotics, industrial automation, and the redesign of machines and tools.
You will also be able to work in the manufacturing industry: textiles, clothes and leather, wood and its products, paper, printing and editorials, chemical products, non-metallic minerals, basic metal industries, metal products, machinery, and equipment, biotechnology, and the food industry; or in industries such as construction, mining, agriculture, transport and storage, and communications.
- Mechanical design engineer
- Test engineer
- Project engineer
- Process analysis engineer
- Automation engineer
- Electromechanical engineer
- Control engineer
- Process engineer
- Programming and control engineer
- Electronic design engineer
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Profesores de la Escuela de Ingeniería y Tecnologías
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.