The undergraduate degree in Mechatronics Engineering (IMT) has a curriculum that is endorsed by the quality of our faculty, access to cutting-edge technology and state-of-the-art tools, and practical orientation that will enable you to participate in projects such as Mini Baja and Premio Tecnos.
Furthermore, we give you the opportunity to participate in activities abroad, at leading universities in engineering such as Rice, Constanz, and UT (PANAM), to name a few.
Exchange programs with the best universities.
High participation in Germany’s academic exchange program.
First external participants in the University of Michigan SURE program.
Winners of the Summa Cum Laude award in the Spring 2019 semester.
We hold national and international accreditations: ABET, CIEES level 1, CACEI, SACSCOC, and FIMPES.
Dual-degree programs with French and Japanese univerisities.
In the CENEVAL Programs of Excellence, the only UDEM undergraduate degree program to hold this distinction.
Great participation in this Nagaoka University of Technology program.
We train and educate you to be an innovative, enterprising professional who is capable of integrating knowledge of Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Programming in order to promote i4.0 focused industrial and technological development. Furthermore, you will design, manage, operate, and maintain products and processes that require smart systems involving AI, computational vision, or any other cutting-edge technology, in order to be a factor that creates company competitiveness.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will be able to identify problems and situations requiring innovative, financially feasible technical solutions related to process automation, through the design of mechanical elements and components. You will have the foundations and skills to continue your professional education and training, either in a graduate-level program, or on your own.
- You will master mechanical and electronic systems that promote sustainable technological development in society, and through which leading-edge mechatronic products, processes, and services will be developed.
- You will develop and implement innovative mechatronics-related solutions that encourage ethical, sustainable technological development in society and take into account their global, societal, and environmental impact.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechatronics Engineering with Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Secretariat of Public Education dated March 17, 2021, in accordance with agreement 20210447. Effective as from January 2021.
As a candidate to pursue this program, you should have
- Knowledge of mathematical reasoning and programming logic.
- Problem analysis, formulation, and resolution skills.
- Abstraction to relate real situations to mathematical formulations.
- Motivation to develop professionally in the exact sciences.
- An interest in applying science, technology, and common sense for the benefit of society.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- Of mathematical and science foundations related to mechatronic solutions.
- Of the analysis and design of mechanical elements and systems.
- Of the analysis and design of electronic components and systems.
- Of analysis and synthesis in Engineering design processes.
- Of integrating mechanical and electronic elements in mechatronic solutions.
- Of the planning and management of mechatronic projects.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following skills:
- Effective communication of the solutions to problems or situations concerning your profession.
- Integrating into your decisions the economic, societal, environmental, and global contexts.
- Self-learning within your professional environment.
- Effective collaboration as a member or leader of multidisciplinary teams.
- Identifying technological trends.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- Awareness of environmental and societal impacts.
- Commitment to industrial safety.
- Oriented to generating innovative products and improvements in the industrial processes.
- Ethical responsibilities in situations concerning your profession, to make informed judgments and make decisions accordingly.
- Acknowledging the need for continuous learning.
- Openness to different ideas and perspectives.
Field of work
As an IMT graduate, you will be able to develop new products and services, managing projects in areas such as energy saving, the efficient use of energy, robotics, industrial automation, and the redesign of machines and tools.
You will also be able to work in the manufacturing industry: textiles, clothes and leather, wood and its products, paper, printing and editorials, chemical products, non-metallic minerals, basic metal industries, metal products, machinery, and equipment, biotechnology, and the food industry; or in industries such as construction, mining, agriculture, transport and storage, and communications.
- Mechanisms Designer
- Test engineer
- Process Analysis Engineer
- Developer of Technological Products
- Industrial Automation Integrator
- Electromechanical Engineer
- Process Control Developer
- Electronic Systems Developer
- Project Engineer
- Smart Systems Developer
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Professors of the School of Engineering and Technologies
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.