The Master’s Degree Program in Engineering Management (MGI) trains you to become an expert who is capable of recognizing, designing, and taking advantage of opportunities to manage processes in the engineering areas that make up a company’s operations, thus promoting its competitiveness.
in the Industrial and Operations Management category, in the 2019 Top 200 Best Masters in Latin America Eduniversal Ranking.
We offer a curriculum that will allow you to take advantage of the strengths and experiences of two worlds: Business Management and Engineering.
You will become an expert in management, administration, and decision-making, with an integrating vision that can recognize and take advantage of opportunities in process administration, management, operation, and improvement. You will also be able to guarantee compliance with both operative and financial key indicators, thus increasing the efficiency, profits, and competitiveness of organizations.
Student Learning Outcomes
- To implement methodologies with scientific rigor to take advantage of business opportunities through process design, redesign, and optimization in the different areas that make up a company’s operations.
- To manage and innovate companies successfully, from the creation of innovative businesses to the design and implementation of administrative and productive processes, as well as the development and execution of strategies through the implementation of a business analytics tool that permits the creation of competitive organizations in a globalized environment.
- To apply new technologies to the analysis and innovation of processes, systems, and services to meet the organizations’ needs for profitability and growth.
A candidate to pursue this program
- Holds an undergraduate degree in engineering or a like area. Is analytical, creative, innovative, and visionary.
- Shows adaptability to an international cultural environment and has a good command of the English language.
- Has experience in the areas of organizational behavior, quality, or operations management.
- Has a positive attitude toward change.
- Has a strong inclination to decision-making.
- Shows an interest in engineering management and innovation.
Upon completion of this master's degree program, you will have acquired the following knowledge:
- Design and management of the functioning of operative, financial, and strategic areas from a process-integration perspective which takes into account strategic, tactical, operative, financial, innovative and ethical business planning.
- Identification of business opportunities and proposals for creative solution strategies, using knowledge of value chain processes, systems, and operations for processing and service companies.
- Definition of the use of modern technologies such as mathematical modeling, advanced optimization, process simulation, data analytics, and research in essential areas for the development of the company and society.
- Depending on the emphasis…
- Innovation and business development.
- Marketing and commercialization.
- Social responsibility and sustainability in organizations.
Upon completion of this master's degree program, you will have acquired the following skills:
- Use of technology as a tool in problem assessment and decision-making.
- Running multidisciplinary teams and participating in them to administer, manage, and create companies with high commercial value.
- An ability to conduct applied research related to the creation, optimization, and management of companies to meet the needs of a changing society.
- Problem solving.
- Ethical decision-making.
- Effective and professional communication.
Upon conclusion of this master’s degree program, you will have acquired the following attitudes:
- Analytical thinking
- Social commitment
- Gender equality
- A humanistic vision.
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Consult the courses that you will take in the Master’s in Engineering Management program.
The program has a duration of six four-month periods.
|Human capital and organizational behavior
|Financial analysis for value creation
|Quality strategy in the value chain
|Operations management for decision-making
|Management skills seminar
|Innovation and change project
The student will choose two courses (12 credits) from the following list:
|Service quality improvement
|The sales process and its management
|Innovation management and digital transformation
|Project management and evaluation
|Lean Six Sigma
Professors of the School of Engineering and Technologies
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.