The Master’s Degree Program in Engineering Management (MGI) trains you to become an expert who is capable of recognizing, designing, and taking advantage of opportunities to manage processes in the engineering areas that make up a company’s operations, thus promoting its competitiveness.
in the Industrial and Operations Management category, in the 2019 Top 200 Best Masters in Latin America Eduniversal Ranking.
We offer a curriculum in which you will take advantage of the strengths and experiences of two worlds: business administration and engineering.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will apply methodologies to optimize productive, administrative, financial, technological, and human capital processes in order to generate business value.
- You will incorporate new engineering management methods and techniques to generate value in the organization.
- You will develop applied research related to engineering management to generate knowledge.
- You will master basic professional skills (problem solving, making ethical decisions, negotiation, and applying reasoning to logic and communication) for the performance of your work duties.
A candidate to pursue this program
- Holds an undergraduate degree in engineering or a like area. Is analytical, creative, innovative, and visionary.
- Shows adaptability to an international cultural environment and has a good command of the English language.
- Has experience in the areas of organizational behavior, quality, or operations management.
- Has a positive attitude toward change.
- Has a strong inclination to decision-making.
- Shows an interest in engineering management and innovation.
Upon completion of this master's degree program, you will have acquired the following knowledge:
- Engineering management, accounting, organizational behavior, operations research, operations management, quality improvement, quality models, and value chain quality strategy.
- Depending on the emphasis...
- Business innovation and development.
- Marketing and commercialization.
- Social responsibility and organizational sustainability.
Upon completion of this master's degree program, you will have acquired the following skills:
- Management and leadership.
- Effective communication when designing visual aids and presenting them.
- Problem solving, considering key issues.
- An integrative vision when optimizing productive and administrative processes across the supply chain.
- Effective time management.
- Negotiation and teamwork.
- Social responsibility for value creation.
- Use of advanced business analytics software.
Upon conclusion of this master’s degree program, you will have acquired the following attitudes:
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Continuing education.
- Strong sense of ethics and social responsibility.
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Consult the courses that you will take in the Master’s Degree Program in Engineering Management.
*The order presented may change.
|Fundamentals in Engineering Management||6|
|Operations Management for Decision Making||6|
|Improving the Quality of Services||6|
|Models and Quality Awards||6|
|Value Chain Quality Strategy||6|
|Management Skills Seminar||6|
Professors of the School of Engineering and Technologies
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.