By pursuing the Master’s Degree Program in Product Engineering (MIP), you will learn to produce useful products that generate value through innovation, the development of new technologies, and their creative use.
You will take 10 courses when pursuing this master’s degree, in addition to the Management Skills Seminar.
We prepare you as a specialist in the technological management of design processes and product improvement to promote competitiveness and stimulate the creation of intellectual capital.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will improve product design and development through structural optimization, the finite element method and/or the analysis of mechanical vibrations, in order to generate business value.
- You will incorporate new materials technologies into product design to generate business value.
- You will design applied research to product engineering to generate knowledge.
- You will master basic professional skills (problem solving, making ethical decisions, negotiation, and applying reasoning to logic and communication) for the performance of your work duties.
- Hold an undergraduate degree in engineering or a like discipline.
- Work in the industry, with a strong inclination to solving the problems of the regional industry.
- Have appositive attitude toward change.
- Be analytical, creative, innovative, and visionary.
- Show adaptability to an international cultural environment and have a good command of the English language.
Upon completion of this master's degree program, you will have acquired the following knowledge:
- Structural optimization techniques.
- Finite element analysis.
- Development of new materials technologies.
- Comprehensive product development.
- Mechanical vibrations analysis.
- Applied engineering analysis.
- Apply trends in materials and processes to develop new products.
- Modeling and simulation for product twin and process twin.
- Nanotechnology applications.
- Materials characterization applications.
- Six Sigma in product development.
Upon completion of this master's degree program, you will have acquired the following skills:
- Effective communication when designing visual aids and presenting them.
- Problem solving, considering key issues.
- Applied mathematics.
- Use of advanced software as a tool to assess problems and design, and in decision-making.
- Negotiation and teamwork.
Upon completion of this master's degree program, you will have acquired the following attitudes:
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Continuing education.
- Strong sense of ethics and responsibility.
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Consult the courses that you will take when pursuing the Master’s Degree Program in Product Engineering.
*The order presented may change.
|Trends on Materials and Processes||6|
|Modeling and Simulation Systems||6|
|Integrated Product Development||6|
|Finite Element Method||6|
|Composite Materials and Nanotechnology||6|
|Product Engineering Seminar||6|
|Management Skills Seminar||6|
Professors of the School of Engineering and Technologies
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.