The undergraduate degree program in Automotive Design Engineering (IAUT) features an innovative curriculum designed in blocks of courses in mechanical and mechatronic systems, electronic systems and technologies, materials engineering, and materials mechanics, which will allow you to adapt it in accordance with your tastes and interests.
Furthermore, we have specialties in Automatic Processes, Telecommunications and Advanced Networks.
Double Degree Programs
Engineering with 3 special double degree programs and double grade with Universities of Japan and France.
More than 30 exchange programs with the best universities
First external participants in the University of Michigan SURE Program.
Winners of awards like Engenius by Nemak and Summa Cum Laude (IAUT-IMT).
Participants in international forums and publications with researchers in IFAC - Advances in Automotive Control, Journal of Shock and Vibrations y IEEE Global Conference on Signal and Information Processing.
The objective of Automotive Engineering is to train automotive engineers capable of designing smart cars that can reduce the impact on the environment and are safer and more comfortable for passengers. They are professionals who can design automotive systems and improve the industrial processes involved in them.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will implement plans, methods, and processes in a professional manner that will make it possible to improve the different car components and obtain optimum performance and achieve quality levels in accordance with international standards.
- You will design and create innovative automotive products, paying attention to the cost-benefit ratio, technological development, and environmental impact, giving priority to the safety of users and comfortable vehicle driving.
- You will design automotive systems using mathematical models and technological tools to achieve the energy efficiency required by international standards and a significant reduction of pollutants in the vehicles.
Bachelor’s degree in Automotive Engineering with Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Secretariat of Public Education, dated March 17, 2021, in accordance with agreement 20210445. Effective as from January 2021.
As an applicant to study this Mechanical Engineering, you must have:
- Mathematical and verbal skills to solve real problems by applying your knowledge.
- A disposition to propose and develop solutions with practical application projects.
- A desire to use cutting-edge technologies and state-of-the-art design tools.
- An interest in developing innovative automotive products, applications, and systems that provide greater passenger safety and comfort.
As a future Automotive Engineer you will have developed the following knowledge:
- Of how to apply the principles of Engineering, Basic Sciences, and Mathematics to formulate and solve complex Engineering problems.
- Of how to apply Engineering design to generate specific solutions, taking into account the economic, social, environmental, and safety impact.
- You will develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, data analysis and interpretation, and use of the principles of mechanical Engineering to obtain results.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following skills:
- You will be able to communicate projects and research effectively orally, in writing, and graphically.
- You will recognize the need for continuous self-learning and education in the different areas of your profession, such as mechanical design, manufacturing processes, materials Engineering, and project management.
- You will collaborate in interdisciplinary teams that set objectives, plan tasks, meet deadlines, and analyze possible process risks.
By the end of your degree in Automotive Engineering, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- You will fulfill your professional responsibilities in an ethical manner.
- You will make informed judgments that consider the impact of Engineering solutions within global, economic, and environmental contexts, as well as on the community.
Field of work
As an IAUT graduate, you will be able to work in the automotive industry as a specialist in the design and manufacture of the electronic, mechanic, and structural components of vehicles. Furthermore, you will be able to work at research and development centers and focused testing centers and laboratories.
- Innovation in automotive materials, products, and processes
- Automotive systems innovation
- Research and development
- Fault analysis
- Engineering design using finite elements
- Automotive design for electric and autonomous vehicles
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Professors of the School of Engineering and Technologies
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.