With our undergraduate degree program in civil engineering (ICA), we offer you a very thorough curriculum which, in addition to the necessary theoretical knowledge, provides you with the opportunity to acquire professional experience before graduating, through internships and the Final Evaluation Program.
Furthermore, you will receive support and advice from highly prestigious faculty members with extensive careers in the field of civil engineering.
Civil Engineers with top honors
In Fall 2018, an ICA obtained the Summa Cum Laude distinction.
Accredited Engineering career
We have accreditations from SACSCOC and FIMPES.
Exchanges with the best Universities
+60 exchange programs with the best universities in the world
Engineers with a future
100% of our graduates in Civil Engineering have a job or scholarship for a master's degree.
We are members of the Padrón EGEL de Programas de Alto Rendimiento Académico del CENEVAL (CENEVAL’s EGEL Register of High Academic Performance Programs).
First external participants in the University of Michigan SURE Program.
An ICA received the Summa Cum Laude distinction in the Fall 2018 semester.
Our Engineering students have obtained an outstanding PEF qualification in the last 2 semesters
The main objective of the Civil and Environmental Engineering career is to train you as a professional who takes advantage of available resources to project, build and operate infrastructure for the benefit of society, the environment and economic development.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will identify and assess the needs for civil works that society has, with the intention of improving the current situation.
- You will create functional, sustainable solutions that solve design, construction, and infrastructure problems, respecting national and international regulations and norms.
- You will lead and evaluate projects in the different areas of civil Engineering and the environment, through costs estimation, the optimization of timeframes and the economic, human, and natural resources, with sustainability and social
Bachelor’s degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering with Recognition of Official Validity (RVOE) granted by the Secretariat of Public Education, dated March 17, 2021, in accordance with agreement 20210446. Effective as from January 18 2021.
As an applicant to study Civil Engineering, you must have:
- An interest in the fields of physics, mathematics, construction materials, and design.
- A capacity to create and innovate.
- Skills to establish rapport and lead multidisciplinary work teams to develop projects in the various areas of civil engineering.
As a graduate of Civil and Environmental Engineering, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- Analysis and design of concrete and steel elements and structures.
- Project management, planning, control, and feasibility analysis.
- Evaluation of environmental situations that influence the design and construction of infrastructure.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following skills:
- You will be able to identify, formulate, and solve complex Engineering problems, applying the principles of Engineering, Science, and Mathematics.
- You will apply Engineering design to produce specific solutions, taking into account public health, safety, and welfare factors, as well as global, societal, cultural, environmental, and economic factors.
- You will communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- You will recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in Engineering situations and you will make informed judgments that consider the impact of the solutions within global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- You will work efficiently in a team whose members provide leadership together, thus creating a collaborative, inclusive environment, setting goals, planning tasks, and achieving objectives.
- You will develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, data analysis and interpretation. You will also use Engineering judgement to obtain conclusions.
- You will acquire and apply new knowledge, as necessary, using appropriate learning strategies.
By the end of your degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- You will develop Engineering projects to solve problems with commitment and social responsibility, from their conception and through their design, planning, execution, and management.
- You will reflect distinctive UDEM qualities such as innovation, service, tolerance, and altruism.
- You will generate proposals oriented to the achievement of societal, environmental, and economic sustainability at the global level.
- Proactiveness and collaboration in multidisciplinary works.
- Interest in research and hypothesis testing.
Field of work
As an ICA graduate, you will be able to apply your professional skills both in the public sector and in the private sector, in areas such as:
- Structural engineer
- Environmental engineer
- Hydraulic engineering
- Water supply systems
- Underground Hydrology
- Site Management
- Project Management
- Asset Management
- BIM Management
- Cost Analysis and Budgeting
- Materials Enginering
- Urban Planning
- Transit and Transportation Engineering
- Roads Engineering
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Professors of the School of Engineering and Technologies
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.