The undergraduate degree program in Computer Science (ITC) provides you with solid practice supported by cutting-edge technologies related to tracking and identification, so that you can develop projects for companies: web usability, business solutions design, software engineering quality, and mobile applications.
ITC is part of the Padrón de Excelencia EGEL (Ceneval) (EGEL Excellence Register) for Computer Technologies.
Programs with dual degree options with French, Spanish, and Japanese universities.
Exchange programs with the best universities.
Program Educational Objectives
- Develop professionals capable of apply the different Information Technologies for ethical software development and at the same time will be able to understand the needs of users from the context of your Business.
- Promote sustainable technological development through products, processes and services in society.
- Teach professionals with the ability to develop innovative solutions with computational technologies in different scenarios to impact and transform their environment.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Sciente. Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20090947 dated August 9, 2009. Effective as of March 2015.
Additional information about the program
UDEM committed to educational excellence, ensures that the BS in Computer Science and Technology program meets the highest standards in academic quality.
As a candidate to pursue this program, you must have...
- Dexterity in the use of office tools, mobile technologies, and Internet resources.
- Scientific curiosity and an interest in carrying out experiments, in technology, and in reading.
- Openness to change and new ideas.
- A permanent disposition for self-learning.
- A command of technical English.
- A desire to cultivate interaction and communication skills, and to learn to converse and listen.
- Persistence, patience, high responsibility, honesty, and a spirit of service.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- Essential facts, concepts, principles, and theories related to the design of solutions based on computing technologies.
- Use and application of up-to-date concepts and practices of the basic core of computing technologies and basic sciences to analyze, design, create, and implement solutions to a wide range of problems.
- Modelling and design of computing applications.
- Design, implementation, and assessment of a computer-based system, a process, a component, or a program, so that it meets the expected needs. • Identification and analysis of appropriate criteria and requirement to specify problems and plan strategies to solve them.
- Quantitative analysis of the satisfaction of computer applications requirements fro current use and future development.
- Practices and tools for the specification, design, construction, integration, implementation, and assessment of computing applications.
- Application of appropriate computing technologies and methodologies to help individuals and organizations achieve their goals and objectives.
- Forecasting change in the direction of computing technologies.
- Translation from user’s language into technical specifications and vice versa.
- Management of computing technology projects, fulfilling key variables related t time, cost, and quality.
- Application of up-to-date techniques, tools, standards, and skills necessary for professional practice.
- Ethical, social, and professional aspects involved in the use and application of computing technologies.
- Analysis of local and global impact on computing applications on individuals, organizations, and society.
Upon completion of the program, you will have developed the following skills:
- Oral and written communication.
- Communication in a second language.
- Use of specialized computing technologies.
- Search of information and research.
- Problem solving, using computing technologies.
- Interdisciplinary work.
Upon completion of the program, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- Adaptation to change.
- Community service.
- Social responsibility.
- Ethics in your professional performance.
- Critical assessment of your work.
- Critical thinking.
- Creativity and independence.
- Results oriented.
Field of work
As an ITC graduate, you will be able to work in a vast field and decide what sector you wish to work for because industries need information technology experts to design business solutions. You will also be able to work as a freelance consultant or create your own business.
- Software engineer
- Software architect
- Information technology infrastructure administrator
- Computer applications engineer
- Software project and software process manager
- Software developer
- Information architect
- Information specialist
- Systems analyst
- Network administrator
- Information systems administrator
- Applications programmer
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Profesores de la Escuela de Ingeniería y Tecnologías
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.