Our whole-person education plan is complemented by the quality of our faculty who have vast knowledge in areas such as Art, Social Sciences, Philosophy, History, Sociology, and Theology. Thus, throughout your degree program you will be in touch with highly prestigious national and international writers and thinkers.
Our graduates have stood out when pursuing graduate level studies at institutions such as Katholleke Universiteit Leuven, London School of Economics, Universidad de Barcelona, Universidad de Navarra, Université d'Aix en Provence, University of California-Los Angeles, University of Connecticut, and Yale University, to name just a few.
This program has a Liberal Arts structure: it allows you to be educated in a multidisciplinary and globalized environment.
Elective courses and more than 300 additional options.
Agreements signed with universities from all over the world.
Double degree: this is an option that only requires an additional one and a half year of education.
We educate and train professionals with solid interdisciplinary foundations in Art, Philosophy, Literature, and Sociology, which will enable you to achieve a comprehensive and coherent interpretation of reality. This provides you with general knowledge to make proposals that respond to the needs of society in the 21st century, strengthening the transmission of the cultural, artistic, social, entrepreneurial, and ethical values that enrich the material and human progress of public and private institutions.
Student Learning Outcomes
- To develop proposals that respond to the needs and problems of 21st-century society and present-day Latin American society, which will indiscriminatingly strengthen or propose the transmission of cultural, artistic, social, entrepreneurial, and ethical values that enrich the material and human progress of public and private institutions within a globalized context.
- To develop capabilities to create competitive interdisciplinary projects in the humanities and social sciences, which will comprise the necessary methodology and content to carry out research and create improvement projects of diverse nature that qualify to apply for financing funds for their development and completion.
- To plan and carry out interdisciplinary projects in the humanities and social sciences which aim to have an impact, either in specialization courses, presentations in congresses, through publication in magazines, or the creation of projects. Or they should be used as sample work to be applied in graduate-level programs, in creation or research in the humanities.
Bachelor of Humanistic and Social Studies. Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20090945 dated October 8, 2009. Effective as of February 2015.
As a candidate to pursue this program, you should have a passion for reading, intellectual curiosity, and the ability to read critically; as well as a capacity for the analysis, argumentation, and creation of projects; and an interest in understanding social phenomena and their dynamics. You should also have tolerance towards the various ways of thinking, and an interest in participating in cultural development projects for the northeastern Mexico – Southern United States regions and for our entire country.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- Futurology and history of literature, art, philosophy, and social sciences.
- Research methodologies in the Humanities and social sciences.
- Advanced writing tools.
- Organizational development techniques based on a humanistic sense.
- Management and finances of editorial projects.
- Creation of cultural projects and applied-research projects.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following skills:
- Creativity and innovation.
- Information analysis, summary, and interpretation.
- Proactive leadership based on critical thinking.
- Negotiation and argumentation.
- You will work in a team.
- You will use specialized technology.
- You will be an enterpriser under a humanistic approach.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- Research in the spheres of social sciences and the Humanities.
- A profound and relentless drive for the creation and dissemination of culture.
- Teamwork in analog and digital platforms.
- Improvement of immediate social environment.
- Objective judgement based on principles of equity, inclusion, and diversity in a globalized, multicultural society.
- Consciousness of sustainable social development and entrepreneurial ethics.
Field of work
Upon graduating from UDEM’s LEHS degree program, you will be able to work as a(n):
- Business Ethics Consultant
- Organizational Development and Working Environment Consultant
- Film and Animation Director
- Video Games Creator
- Radio/TV Scriptwriter and Producer
- Cultural Promoter
- Social Impact Programs Researcher
- Director of Culture Offices
- Cultural Ambassador
- Cataloguer of Artistic, Historic, and Cultural Heritage
- Trilingual Teacher in the Humanistic Areas
- Director of Educational Institutions
- Creator of ONGs
- Director of Private and Community Libraries
- Social Justice, Social Equality, and Gender Equality Coordinator
- Sustainable and Community Development Coordinator
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more