Through the bachelor’s degree program in Information and Communication Sciences (LCIC), you will be able to analyze, diagnose, design, and produce verbal and audiovisual communicative strategies, using the media platforms at your disposal to respond to the needs of society, contextualized within the political, economic, and cultural environment.
Program accredited in 2020 by the Consejo de Acreditación de la Comunicación y las Ciencias Sociales A.C. (Council for the Accreditation of Communication and the Social Sciences), which ensures the quality of the academic program.
Of experience in the teaching of communication sciences (2021)
UDEM Information Agency, Media Laboratory, and Radio UDEM 90.5, where students will be able to make the most of their academic program through the use of cutting-edge equipment and spaces that enable real practice.
We educate and train you as a professional with competencies to analyze, design, and produce visual, verbal, and digital communicative strategies to meet the needs of entrepreneurs and other players of the public sector and society in general.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Developing and offering communicative solutions, based on social responsibility and ethics, for the purpose of serving society by using communication as a tool for change and the improvement of the every-day conditions of human life.
- Designing and managing communication strategies for media platforms and producing appropriate audiovisual contents for each particular strategy and medium, including its planning, development, production, and end results.
- Planning and executing editorial and journalistic communication strategies through the different printed and digital media at your disposal, or through the creation of your own media platforms.
- Designing, executing, and managing creative advertising strategies and intervention programs in communication, customized to the client’s/organization’s needs and which serve to diagnose their needs, thus promoting their improvement, growth, and future development.
Bachelor’s degree in Information and Communication Sciences with Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Secretariat of Public Education, dated March 17, 2021, in accordance with agreement 202110453. Effective as from January 2021.
As a candidate to pursue this program, you should have an interest in writing, literature, oral communication, culture in general, and the communication media. You should also be skilled in writing, oral expression, and critical and creative thinking.
Upon completion of this degree program, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- Of the theoretical approaches and research on communication.
- Of communication processes within organizations.
- Of written communication and journalism.
- Of the production of mass media and new communication media.
- Of the history and role of communication professionals and institutions.
- Of specialized audiovisual production and content management.
- Of strategic communication for the development of organizations.
- Of the management of social communication strategies.
- Of the advertising industry and the creation of creative contents for campaigns.
- Of editorial platforms and specialized journalism.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following skills:
- Oral and written communication.
- Use of specialized software to produce messages and social campaigns.
- Search for information and research.
- Global vision and sensitivity.
- Interdisciplinary work.
- Humanistic, sensitive teamwork.
- Logical, ethical, and critical thinking to solve social issues.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- Adaptation to change.
- Service to the community.
- Social responsibility.
- Ethical professional performance.
- Critical assessment of your work.
- Ethical critical thinking.
- Creativity and independence.
Field of work
As a graduate of the LCIC program, you will be able to work in public and private companies and organizations, communication media, and in the communication consulting and advisory areas.
- Cinema, television, and radio program producer/director
- Generator of multimedia projects
- Social network and web platform administrator and manager
- Advertising campaign director
- Investigative reporter and journalist
- Editorial manager
- Public relations and press relations coordinator
- Host and commentator in radio and television programs and webcasts
- Advertising media coordinator
- Political communications coordinator
- Creative director
- Researcher of communication processes and effects
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more