UDEM has a modern Sociology program in place. Our program is a leader in educational quality, with a highly humanistic sense. It strictly complies with the values of justice, equity, truth, honesty and respect of dignity. LSO faculty members hold doctorates in Art, Social Sciences, Philosophy, History, Sociology, and Theology. Therefore, we are recognized as the University of the Humanities at the national level.
Liberal Arts: A structure that enables students to be educated in a multidisciplinary, globalized environment.
Elective courses and more than 300 additional options.
Agreements signed with universities from all over the world.
Double degree: This is an option that only requires an additional one and a half year of education.
We will educate and train you as a professional who can carry out quantitative and qualitative research based on rigorous theoretical-methodological grounds. You will also be able to understand, analyze, and interpret various social phenomena in order to create development programs and plans to solve social problems and improve institutions, organizations, and communities. Additionally, you will put together and present innovative proposals in humanistic areas that will contribute to the growth of a multicultural, globalized society.
Student Learning Outcomes
- To carry out quantitative and qualitative applied sociological research with analyses supported by interviews, surveys and observations documented in formal research reports.
- To develop capabilities to create sociological research projects with interdisciplinary influences in the Humanities and social sciences which should include the necessary methodology and content to carry out research and that qualify to apply for financing funds for their development and completion.
- To plan and carry out sociological projects which aim to have an impact beyond the university environment, either through presentations in congresses, publications in magazines, book chapters, and institutional innovation. Or the developed proposal should be used as sample research work to be applied in graduate-level Sociology programs.
Bachelor of Sociology. Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20100874 dated July 5, 2010. Effective as of February 2015.
As a candidate to pursue this program, you should have a passion for reading, intellectual curiosity, and the ability to red critically; as well as a capacity for the analysis, argumentation, and creation of projects; and an interest in understanding social phenomena and their dynamics. Additionally, you should be open to analysis, critique, and tolerance towards the various ways of thinking, and have an interest in participating in cultural development projects for the northeastern Mexico – Southern United States regions and for our entire country.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- Sociological theory and research.
- Futurology and history of social sciences, art, literature, and philosophy.
- Quantitative and qualitative research methodologies of social sciences.
- Implementation tools for social development programs.
- Management and finances of sociological research projects and centers.
- Creation of projects in the Humanities.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following skills:
- Creativity and innovation and analysis of the paradigms of present-day society.
- Information analysis, summary, and interpretation.
- Proactive leadership based on critical thinking.
- Negotiation and argumentation.
- You will work in a team.
- You will use specialized technology.
- You will be an enterpriser under a perspective approach.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- Research in the spheres of social sciences and the Humanities.
- Proactive initiative.
- Teamwork in analog and digital platforms.
- Improvement of immediate social environment.
- Objective judgement based on principles of equity, inclusion, and diversity in a globalized, multicultural society.
- Consciousness of sustainable social development and entrepreneurial ethics.
Field of work
Upon graduating from UDEM’s LSO degree program, you will be able to work as a(n):
- Business Ethics Consultant
- Organizational Development and Working Environment Consultant
- Film and Animation Director
- Video Games Creator
- Radio/TV Scriptwriter and Producer
- Cultural Promoter
- Social Impact Programs Researcher
- Director of Culture Offices
- Cultural Ambassador
- Cataloguer of Artistic, Historic, and Cultural Heritage
- Trilingual Teacher in the Humanistic Areas
- Director of Educational Institutions
- Creator of ONGs
- Director of Private and Community Libraries
- Social Justice, Social Equality, and Gender Equality Coordinator
- Sustainable and Community Development Coordinator
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more