With the undergraduate degree program in Educational Sciences we offer you a theoretical-practical approach that is oriented toward the development of competencies for group management, project coordination, and the management and evaluation of educational processes.
Our faculty is among the best in the country (every member holds a doctoral degree) and we have agreements in place with some of the most prestigious private educational institutions.
UDEM’s undergraduate degree program in Educational Sciences is the first of its kind in Mexico. Directors of some of the most important educational centers in the northeast of the country have graduated from it.
Of students find employment before graduating
out of every 10 students choose to work at public and private schools; 3 choose to work at external psycho-pedagogic centers and 1 chooses to work in organizational areas.
Thesis project receives a mention of Excellence per semester, on average.
Our innovative program provides you with a solid humanist, cultural, and social foundation that will enable you to become oriented to the planning, design, implementation-running, and evaluation of a teaching-learning process.
Student Learning Outcomes
- To understand education as a system to carry out the planning, design, implementation, and evaluation of a person’s development processes (teaching-learning processes).
- To design, implement, and lead educational programs in their various modalities (formal, non-formal, and Special Education) and at the different levels of the National Educational System (Beginning Education, Basic Education, High School, and Higher Education).
- To apply the fundamental elements of the Teaching-Learning process to a person’s development processes at the different Educational Institutions of the various modalities and levels existing in the educational milieus.
Bachelor of Educational Sciences. Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20090910 dated October 8, 2009. Effective as of February 2015.
As a candidate to pursue this program, you should have a strong disposition toward human relations and service of others, particularly children and young people in the formative stages.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- Of educational and pedagogical trends. Levels, modality, programs, achievements, and shortcomings of the National Educational System. Educational Legislation. Reality analysis methods and techniques. Central concepts of the semantic field of education.
- Of administrative theory: normativity (effectivity and efficiency principles). Organizational theory: organizational models or perspectives and their relationship with administrative principles. Institutional evaluation models.
- Of learning theories. Instructional design and curriculum design. General didactic techniques and methods. Didactic techniques and methods. Teaching-learning elements and processes.
- Of qualitative and quantitative research methodology. Qualitative and quantitative research designs. Elements of a research report. Elements of descriptive statistics.
- Moral and evolutive development of a person. Ethical aspects involved in the generation of an institutional educational projects.
- Methods to generate change alternatives.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following skills:
You will design, implement, and evaluate general cognitive processes:
- Reading (in Spanish and English).
- Oral expression. Public speaking.
- Searching for, selecting, and processing information.
- Analyzing and summarizing.
- Critical judgement.
- Transferring from theory to practice.
- Problem-solving / Decision-making.
- Teamwork (cooperative learning).
- Interpersonal relations (conflict solution), with an orientation to tasks.
You will be able to lead and manage educational institutions and their teaching-learning processes:
- You will plan and evaluate. You will present proposals.
- You will apply didactics (use of methods and tools) (leading, techniques, and motivation).
- You will design and evaluate the teaching-learning process.
- You will detect and formulate problems.
- You will be able to implement programs for the moral and evolutive development of a person.
- You will work in a team.
- You will develop your situational leadership skills and your capacity for negotiation.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following attitudes:
Toward communication and work with people:
- Humane service.
- Openness to new alternatives, strategies, etc.
- Respect to audience.
Toward your professional performance, education and training:
- Sense of equity.
- Attitude opposed to minimum effort.
- Pursuit of self-realization.
- Intellectual curiosity.
Field of work
As a graduate of UDEM’s undergraduate degree program in Educational Sciences, you will be able to work as a(n):
- Teacher (at different educational levels)
- High School teacher
- Administrator of Educational Institution
- Division coordinator
- Educational Programs Designer
- Training Programs Designer
- Educational Programs Coordinator
- Special Education Teacher
- Community Programs Coordinator
- Educational Field Researcher
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more