By being part of the undergraduate degree program in Film and Digital Production, you will get acquainted with the audiovisual panorama and you will work based on a thorough understanding of it. You will master the language, craftsmanship, and techniques of the different areas that work together in digital cinema production. Moreover, you will design and implement full cinematographic strategies, comprising from the script to distribution, with knowledge of the operation of the film industry.
Accredited by the Comités Interinstitucionales para la Evaluación de la Educación Superior.
After only four graduated classes, our students’ projects compete at international level festivals.
Year in which undergraduate degree program in Film and Digital Production was founded.
You will be educated and trained as a professional who is an expert in digital film production, including scriptwriting, direction, production, postproduction, and distribution. You will be able to generate dramatic audiovisual products and documentaries for cinema, television, and the new media; as well as venture into the entertainment industry as a film producer, distributor, or critic, contributing to the development of knowledge and a sustainable society.
Student Learning Outcomes
- To get acquainted with the audiovisual panorama and work based on a thorough understanding of it.
- To master the language, craftsmanship, and techniques of the different areas that work together in digital cinema production.
- To design and implement cinematographic strategies, comprising from the script to distribution, with knowledge of the operation of the film industry.
Bachelor of Film and Digital Production. Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20122879 dated December 10, 2012. Effective as of November 2012.
As a candidate to pursue the undergraduate degree program in Film and Digital Production, you should meet the following profile:
- Be creative, visual, and critical.
- Have a liking for writing, reading, the arts, and audiovisual media.
- Enjoy telling stories and communicating through them.
- Enjoy working in a team to develop collaborative projects, contributing to the end product through your creativity, talent, and leadership.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- Cinema history, appreciation, theories, and techniques.
- Image, photography, and cinephotography techniques.
- The writing of scripts for audiovisual media and cinema.
- Directing documentaries and fiction films.
- Sound recording and postproduction.
- Video and television production.
- Postproduction and professional finishes of audiovisual products.
- Legal framework of communication and intellectual property.
- Business and administration of film-making projects.
- Western, Latin American, and Mexican literature.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following skills:
- You will use specialized equipment for digital film production.
- You will use specialized software for film preproduction, production, and postproduction.
- Information search and research.
- You will generate interdisciplinary projects and works.
- You will work in a team.
- You will solve problems through audiovisual tools.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- Service to the community.
- Ethical professional performance.
- Critical thinking.
- Critical assessment of work.
Field of work
As a graduate of UDEM’s degree program in Film and Digital Production, you will have ample opportunities in the employment market since your academic education and training enables you to work in various areas of the audiovisual industry as a freelance agent, director of your own company, or collaborator in public and private organizations.
- Producer and director of cinema and television films
- Director of music videos
- Producer and director of television and internet series
- Director of commercials
- Producer of documentaries
- Sound producer and post-producer
- Distributor of films and audiovisual programs
- Film critic
- Programmer of film series and events
- Cinema and television researcher
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more