Through the Bachelor’s Degree program in Film and Digital Production, you will be able to conceptualize and develop comprehensive film-making projects that arise from an understanding of audiences and the film-making industry in order to enter cinema production, distribution, exhibition, and marketing, either as a freelance agent or by creating your own company through the mastery and application of cinematic theories, techniques, and languages.
Program accredited in 2018 by the Comités Interinstitucionales para la Evaluación de la Educación Superior (Interinstitutional Committees for the Evaluation of Higher Education), which ensures the quality of the academic program.
Double-diploma international agreement with the Vancouver Film School.
Laboratory where students will make the most of their academic program through the use of cutting-edge equipment and spaces that enable real practice.
You will be trained as a professional who is an expert in digital film production, including scriptwriting, direction, production, postproduction, and distribution.
You'll be able to generate dramatic audiovisual products and documentaries for cinema, television, and the new media; as well as venture into the entertainment industry as a film producer, distributor, or critic, contributing to the development of knowledge and a sustainable society.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Conceptualizing, developing, pre-producing, producing, post-producing, and marketing cinematic films through the mastery of related theories and audiovisual products, for the creation of high-quality contents.
- Placing your audiovisual and cinematic productions in the context of the audiovisual industry, responding to the environment of the countries’ audiences and cultural industries, in order to contribute to their growth and development.
- Mastering the language, trade, and techniques of the different fields collaborating in the production of digital films for the correct design and implementation of film-making strategies through a general understanding of the audiovisual scene and constant practice.
Bachelor’s degree in Film and Digital Production with Recognition of Official Validity of Studies granted by the Secretariat of Public Education, dated March 1, 2021, in accordance with agreement 20210408. Effective as from October 2020.
As a candidate to pursue the undergraduate degree program in Film and Digital Production, you should meet the following profile:
- Basic knowledge of cinema, literature, art, and culture in general.
- Have a liking for the creation of images, reading, and audiovisual media.
- Be knowledgeable about technological and computational resources.
- Teamwork abilities, good reading comprehension, abstraction, imagination, and summarizing skills; logical, critical, and creative thinking; and communication through stories.
- Perseverant, conciliatory, and proactive; with dedication and insight to maintain projects in the mid-term and the long-term.
- Receptive to criticism and open to apply the comments made on your projects.
Upon completion of this degree program, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- Of cinema history, appreciation, and theories.
- Of image, photography, and cinemaphotography techniques.
- Of the writing of scripts for audiovisual media and cinema.
- Of directing documentaries and fiction films.
- Of sound recording and postproduction.
- Of the production and management of audiovisual projects.
- Of the postproduction and professional finishes of audiovisual products.
- Of the legal framework of the entertainment and cultural industries.
- Of art direction and production design fundamentals.
- Of the business and management of film-making projects.
- Of the narrative fundamentals offered by stories, novels, and the theater.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following skills:
- Mastery of the audiovisual language.
- Using specialized software for film preproduction, production, and postproduction.
- Information searching and research.
- Generating interdisciplinary projects and works.
- Problem solving through audiovisual tools.
- Using specialized equipment for digital filmmaking.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- Service to the community
- Ethical professional performance
- Critical thinking
Field of work
As a graduate of UDEM’s degree program in Film and Digital Production, you will be able to work as a(n):
- Producer and director of cinema and television films
- Director of music videos
- Producer and director of television and internet series
- Commercials director
- Documentary producer
- Production designer
- Sound producer and post-producer
- Distributor of films and audiovisual programs
- Film critic
- Programmer of film series and events
- Cinema and television researcher
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more