In the undergraduate degree program in Nursing (LEN) you will acquire the tools to be a professional capable of performing different roles as a caregiver, educator, administrator, researcher. You will also be able to collaborate with a health team at the different health care levels.
Agreements with hospitals in the public and private health sectors.
Level 1, CIEES accreditation we hold.
Years running at UDEM.
We will educate and train you in a professional manner so that you can provide humane, comprehensive care for the well-being of people. Bachelor of Nursing are prepared to work autonomously in the promotion of health.
We have an educational model that ensure the relationship between theoretical knowledge and practical knowledge, thanks to experiences in the workplace from the start of your studies. Not only will you acquire knowledge, but you will also develop professional competencies that will allow you to perform in various work settings. You will carry out applied research that will be a fundamental part of your learning process.
You will receive personalized and close mentoring through academic tutoring sessions. You will learn and manage the administrative process and its application in nursing services and health institutions. You will also become acquainted with the theoretical elements of Thanatology, which will enable you to offer warm, quality, humane treatment to patients and their families. You will be guided by professors who hold master’s degrees, specialties, or doctorates, with vast experience in assistance, teaching, administration, and research. You will be supervised and receive feedback from your professors and the nurse-patient or nurse-user interaction.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will demonstrate the knowledge necessary to develop and perform the main roles of nursing, with a strong humanistic sense and respecting the ethical, legal and professional principles, in strict compliance with human rights.
- You will integrate and plan interdisciplinary health care actions, respecting the regulatory framework of the public and private institutions where you will work.
- You will respond efficiently to requirements of direct care and attention in your discipline from individuals, families, and the community, at the three levels of health care, through the application and use of the tools in the nursing care process and research.
- You will create educational health programs intended for groups of healthy or diseased people and which address needs for care and in-service education for nursing personnel.
Bachelor of Nursing. Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20101129 dated November 3, 2010. Effective as of June 2015.
To pursue this undergraduate degree program, you must demonstrate a strong sense of humanitarianism. Therefore, our curriculum features an approach based on competencies that will enable graduates to make their sensitivity to the sui generis activities of the profession patently clear, as it encompasses service, teaching, and researching at the different care levels.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- Theoretical aspects of health, applied to formal and informal education, at the different stages of growth and development.
- Subsystems that integrate the community.
- Family, social, and cultural needs related to the health-disease process.
- Stages of the nursing process.
- Nutritional principles and nutritional therapeutics.
- Fundamental principles of nursing practices.
- Basic concepts of physical growth and intellectual, social, and personality development in the different stages of life.
- Basic mechanisms of pathological processes and prevention levels.
- Basic principles of pharmacology and therapeutic application.
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and puerperium, as well as their main complications.
- Characteristics of the physical and neurological development of newborns.
- Most common newborn complications.
- Ethical and humanistic principles, as well as the laws and regulations that rule the profession.
- Qualities required for personal acceptance and the establishment of effective relationships in the interdisciplinary and multi professional sphere.
- Theoretical aspects that substantiate research in nursing.
- Basic concepts of statistics.
- Basic concepts of Geriatrics and Gerontology.
- Care applied to the critically-ill patient.
- Basic foundations of the administrative process and the appropriate use of material resources and human capital.
- Different types of leadership and how it is used in the performance of duties.
- Philosophical, paradigmatic, and theoretical concepts of the science of Nursing.
- Stages of the epidemiological method.
- Principles that rule outpatient care.
- Factors likely to trigger mental disorders.
- Stages of the design and assessment of programs.
- Theoretical elements of care in the last stage of life.
- The teaching-learning process and its application in health education and the discipline itself.
- Preparation of diagnoses of real diseases, high risk, and welfare, based on the assessment of individuals, families, and the community.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following skills:
- You will provide nursing care to individuals, families, and the community, using the nursing care process.
- You will establish adequate communication with individuals, families, and the community.
- You will use different teaching methods and audiovisual aids in activities to promote, prevent, and maintain welfare.
- You will carry out nursing actions conducive to the promotion of selfcare to maintain the welfare of individuals, families, and the community.
- You will apply the principles of primary care as a strategy to improve population levels of wellbeing. o You will apply nursing techniques and procedures related to the promotion, prevention, and maintenance of welfare.
- You will use clinical, medical-surgical, and electro-medical material in the promotion, prevention, and maintenance of welfare.
- You will identify problems related to each area of nursing at the personal, family, and collective levels with the purpose of establishing attention priorities and identify solution options.
- You will design, implement, and evaluate programs for health promotion and education, based on real-nursing diagnoses and high-risk and welfare diagnoses identified in individuals, families, and the community.
- You will evaluate the nursing interventions in the clinic and community area. You will plan, execute, and evaluate the activities of the nursing department in the different health and community institutions.
- You will work in inter-professional and multi-professional health care teams at the individual, family, and collective levels.
- You will carry out outpatient care activities in environments other than hospitals.
- You will provide care to people in critical conditions, regardless of their pathology and age.
- You will establish positive leadership in the performance of your professional duties.
- You will develop programs conducive to the promotion and care of mental and occupational health.
- You will analyze social problems in order to contribute to the search for solutions, along with the team.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- Acceptance of yourself and of the ethical and humanistic principles of the profession.
- Patience, perseverance, and persistence in the performance of your activities.
- Effective communication with the individual and with the multi-professional team.
- Respect to the traditions and customs of a person.
- Understanding towards the individual, family, and community in the development of comprehensive care.
- Motivation for the continued and timely improvement and advancement in the professional and personal areas.
- Initiative in the performance of the different professional duties.
- Professional responsibilities in nursing interventions.
- Respect for human rights and dignity, as well as for the environment.
- Openness to criticism regarding professional duties performed.
- Maintaining positive leadership in interpersonal relationships.
- A disposition to carry out duties with multi-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary teams.
Field of work
As a graduate of the undergraduate degree program in Nursing (LEN), you will be able to work as a(n):
- Health Educator and Promoter
- Hospital Unit Administrator
- Clinic Unit Administrator
- Head of Nursing Services
- Nurse researcher
- Consultant Nurse in Hospital Quality and Security
- Clinical instructor or tutor
- Nurse administrator
- Oncology nurse
- Pediatric nurse
- Surgical nurse
- Obstetric nurse
- Occupational health nurse
- Intensive care nurse
- Hospital Quality Manager
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Profesores de la Vicerrectoría de Ciencias de la Salud
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.