In the degree program in Dentistry and Dental Surgery (MCD) you will develop a profound mastery of stomatology and of the professional medical competencies to provide comprehensive care to your patients.
Additionally, you will experience innovative dental medicine through the use of leading-edge technology.
Dental chairs in our two dental care clinics.
Clinics where you can treat real patients.
Years running at UDEM.
Of our graduates studied or are studying a graduate degree program.
We educate and train professionals with the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and abilities to serve society by meeting its health needs at the preventative, diagnostic, and treatment stages in an ethical, efficient manner. As an oral-health professional, we want you to appreciate the need for lifelong professional development and continuing education and training. We aim for you to be capable of using scientific and technological advances efficiently and understanding the central role of patients in therapeutic decision-making.
We want you to acquire the knowledge and clinical competence necessary to be able to run a general dental practice independently after you graduate. We also want you to be able to recognize your limitations and seek advice or refer a patient to another professional when faced with situations that are beyond your capabilities. We encourage the acquisition of knowledge, attitudes, and professional behaviors that facilitate your effective and appropriate interaction with patients, your colleagues, and other health professionals.
We promote research as support to the curriculum since it enables the development of constant critical thinking and makes you question your daily work and the most transcendental advances of science on a permanent basis.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will apply knowledge of basic sciences and clinical sciences to make diagnoses, propose treatments, issue prognoses, and apply preventative measures for ailments within the scope of the practice of a general dentist.
You will develop an ethical, responsible professional practice to care for patients.
Dentistry and Dental Surgery. Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20090920 dated October 8, 2009. Effective as of February 2015.
In order to pursue this program, you must have discipline, responsibility, perseverance, respect for human beings, an attitude of service, and humanitarianism.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- You will identify the symptomatology of an ailment, based on a well-organized, methodical, and thorough clinical analysis.
- You will give a diagnosis and provide treatment in an appropriate and timely manner.
- You will apply preventative measures to individual and community cases.
- In an accurate and timely manner, you will identify the clinical situations presented by patients that need to be referred to another health professional, acting ethically in accordance to the limitations of your competence.
- You will encourage the critical analysis of science, the capacity for innovation and scientific dissemination.
- You will receive ongoing clinical-academic refresher training in order to keep up to date with therapeutic advances.
- You will identify the public health needs of the country.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following skills:
- You will be organized, methodical, thorough, and respectful in your different clinical and support activities.
- You will identify each patient’s needs for special health care, as well as their behavioral and sociocultural component in order to integrate an accurate diagnosis.
- You will solve the health problems of your patients and your community in accordance with available resources.
- You will encourage the acknowledgement and acceptance of the responsibility to practice in the best interest of patients at all times and in accordance with the health legislation in force.
- You will use information technology as a useful tool for bibliographical and administrative support.
- You will apply necessary and timely disease control measures.
- You will be able to communicate in one or more foreign languages.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following attitudes:
Field of work
As a graduate of the undergraduate degree program in Dentistry and Dental Surgery, you will be able to work as a(n):
- Dentist and Dental Surgeon
- Pediatric dentist
- Maxillofacial Surgeon
- Dental Sleep Doctor
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Profesores de la Vicerrectoría de Ciencias de la Salud
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.