In our Nutrition career we have the CIEES level 1 accreditation, a guarantee that you will learn strategies to prevent and treat health problems.
We have 3 laboratories used by our students of: Food Science, Anthropometry and Gastronomy.
CIEES accredited career
Our nutrition career has Level 1 accreditation in the Inter-institutional Committees for the Evaluation of Higher Education.
8 años forming
We have more than 8 years training professional nutritionists with extensive experience
In our Nutrition career we train professionals capable of providing nutritional care to healthy and sick individuals individually or in groups or populations, through methods and techniques of research, evaluation and intervention that ensure the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and evaluation. of nutritional therapy or intervention programs. As a bachelor of Nutrition (BN) you will be able to develop management processes in food services in accordance with official standards for sanitary control, disease prevention and health promotion.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will apply the principles of food science, food systems, and food preparation techniques for the development, modification, and evaluation of recipes and menus, as well as of food products that are appropriate for the different population groups.
- You will use the nutritional care process to identify problems related to nutrition, make decisions, and determine and assess nutritional interventions, including nutritional medical therapy, disease prevention, and health promotion.
- You will analyze and assess community nutrition problems, and you will develop nutritional intervention programs through various strategies aimed at specific communities or the general population.
Bachelor of Nutrition. Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education byin accordance with agreement 20110472 dated June 8, 2010. Effective as of April 2015.
As an aspiring nutritionist, you must have:
- High humanistic sense and desire to serve others.
- Interest in development and growth within the field of caring for people at all levels of care.
- Sensitivity to the sui generis activities of the profession that include service, teaching and research within its different levels of care.
As a graduate of the bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- Growth and development of healthy individuals.
- Design of dietary regimes.
- Methods, techniques, and instruments to assess the nutritional status of healthy and sick individuals, as well as of groups and populations at risk.
- Individual intervention according to pathology and dietary prescription, or interventions in groups and populations according to various nutritional problems.
- Behavior-modification, orientation, and nutritional communication techniques.
- Interaction between the environment, diet, and lifestyles in health promotion and disease prevention.
- Evaluation methods for nutritional intervention programs.
- Official health control standards that regulate food services.
- Official clinical management standards.
- Management of food services.
- Nutritional information systems.
- Research on nutrition and food services.
- Food quality and safety.
- Standardization of dietary plans.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following skills:
- You will assess the nutritional status of healthy and sick individuals, both for patients who have already received nutritional treatment and for those who are going to start treatment.
- You will assess nutritional problems in diverse groups and populations.
- You will guide patients and families on food plans.
- You will develop and evaluate programs that promote health and welfare.
- You will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively by using oral, printed, visual, and electronic media and multimedia to maximize the education and training of the user population.
- You will plan and implement nutritional interventions that include diagnosis, prescription, goal setting, and treatment selection and management.
- You will establish evaluation and control actions for nutritional intervention programs for groups and populations.
- You will plan, organize, lead, control, and evaluate the activities of a food service operation.
- You will apply official standards to food safety and nutritional management.
- You will use information systems to optimize the management and control of food services operation.
By the end of your career in Nutrition, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- Cooperative with patients, families, and health personnel.
- Reliable in the fulfillment of the official standards established for clinical nutritional care.
- Committed to practicing their profession with the ultimate advances in the discipline.
- Reliable in the fulfillment of health expectations of the population benefiting from the nutritional program.
- Responsible in the use of the material, economic, and human resources in their care.
- Modifies decision-making that affects third parties in a responsible manner.
Field of work
As a graduate of the undergraduate degree program in Nutrition (LNU), you will be able to work as a(n):
- Clinical dietitian
- Pediatric dietitian
- Nutritional supervisor
- Nutrition specialist chef
- Nutritional advisor
- Dietary health program coordinator
- Nutrition program planner
- Food services supervisor
- Health promoter
- New product development consultant
- Food company consultant
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Professors of the Vice-Presidency of Health Sciences
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.