In the undergraduate degree program in Psychology of Work and Organizations (LPT) you will become able to explain, assess, and intervene in human behavior in terms of the individual-organization interaction by proposing models, methods, and tools that enable the person’s adaptation to and satisfaction with their work while benefiting company productive processes, aiming to render organizations more humane.
We have more than 15 faculty members who are experts in the field.
Years running at UDEM.
Cámaras Gesell para el uso de nuestros alumnos.
Es un destino al que nuestros estudiantes tienen acceso como parte del programa.
We educate and train Psychology professionals within a personalized and intercultural environment oriented to academic excellence. They are trained to understand and explain the interdependence between human behavior and organizations.
As a graduate from the degree program in Psychology of Work and Organizations, you will have the competencies necessary to enable the processes of acquisition, evaluation, training and development of human potential, evidence-based intervention, and psychological research, thus promoting the optimum development of the person-organization dyad, adapting to the demands of a changing global environment.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to explain, assess, and intervene in human behavior in terms of the individual-organization interaction.
- You will propose models, methods, and tools that enable the person’s adaptation to and satisfaction with their work while benefiting company productive processes, aiming to render organizations more humane.
- You will have the aptitudes and skills necessary to assess your clients’ needs, based on their demands and within your own theoretical psychological framework in order to develop and evaluate interventions in work environments and organizations.
- You will have the necessary knowledge and skills to develop research, specifically when defining a problem, questions, hypotheses, and research objectives, sustained by a theoretical framework, in the selection of the method and procedure as well as in the analysis and discussion of the results.
Bachelor of Psychology of Work and Organizations. Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20140035 dated February 26, 2014. Effective as of March 2013.
In order to pursue this degree program, you must have a capacity to develop critical and constructive thinking, a sensitivity to the psychosocial needs of others, an interest in understanding human behavior in various situations and contexts, a willingness to develop professional communication and listening skills, and a disposition for personal knowledge and human development.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- Biological and psychosocial foundations of behavior that explain the relationship between the person and the operation of organizations.
- Research approaches and methods, and data analysis techniques.
- Work organization, structure, and processes.
- Methods and instruments for psychological assessment, diagnosis, and intervention in organizations.
- Leadership and change, group dynamics, and dispute resolution models.
- Human resources management and personnel management.
- Acquisition, maintenance, and development of human resources.
- Communication processes in organizations.
- Legal grounds of the relationships that link employees and organizations.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following skills:
- You will select methodological and data analysis procedures in the production of scientific research.
- You will apply psychological assessment instruments to obtain information about someone’s personality, intelligence, aptitudes, interests, and values, as well as on their cognitive, behavioral, motivational, and job-matching processes.
- You will prepare psychological evaluation reports in accordance with the different interventions and addressed to different readers.
- You will determine the needs, goals, objectives, plan and intervention techniques for the development of organizations.
- You will use personnel attraction, selection, and training tools.
- You will do research on the influence of the organization and other environmental factors on work behavior and satisfaction.
- You will develop change processes to modify organizational and environmental factors to increase performance and satisfaction.
- You will apply group dynamics and leadership and change processes to decision-making in matters regarding personnel.
- You will understand the legal framework of companies that have an impact on organizational operation.
Upon completion of the degree program, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- You will be able to work in interdisciplinary teams.
- You will be committed to demonstrating ethical behavior and decision in all your professional practice.
- You will know how to maintain strict confidentiality concerning information under your custody.
- You will identify and manage methods, techniques, and instruments that are specific to Psychology with responsibility.
Field of work
As a graduate of the undergraduate program in Psychology of Work and Organizations (LPT), you will be able to work and develop as a(n):
- Company psychologist
- Human capital attraction manager
- Facilitator of organizational development processes
- Head of human capital training
- Human resource assessor
- Company consultancy manager
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.