You will be trained as a health professional and you will approach the health-disease process of individuals and their families critically and reflexively, with bioethical and humanistic principles and respect for the environment, interacting with the multidisciplinary team and with the support of research as a tool to solve the population’s health problems. You will also demonstrate competence in the fields of Pediatrics, Gynecology, and pathologies of adolescents and adults.
Duration: 3 years.
- IMSS Nuevo León UMF 3, 15, 31, 32 and 36.
- Specific information of IMSS UMF 7 Plus / UMAA No. 7 venue. Program accredited by the Programa Nacional de Posgrados de Calidad (PNPC) of CONACYT.
- Specific information of IMSS UMF 26 venue.
- Specific information of IMSS UMF 30 venue.
Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20111127 dated December 2, 2011. Updated in January 2017 with approval from CIFRHS.
In the specialty in Family Medicine, you will train to carry out comprehensive and anticipatory quality management of the health-disease process for individuals and their families, regardless of age, gender, or ailment.
You will apply, jointly with the multidisciplinary team and the family, a comprehensive plan for the management of the health-disease process of individuals and their families, with bioethical, humanistic, and legal principles and respect for the environment. Furthermore, you will demonstrate interest in continuing education and research.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will solve the clinical problems of pathologies typical of Epidemiology in the different clinical scenarios.
- You will demonstrate through your actions the principles of ethics and professionalism of your specialty.
- You will support the tutoring of lower-ranking peers and patients.
- You will conduct research that will allow you to make decisions regarding the care of your patients.
You should meet the following profile:
- Fundamental principles of Basic Sciences (Anatomy, Histopathology, Embryology, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology), Clinical Sciences (Internal Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Emergencies, Family Medicine, Public Health), socio-medical sciences, and general culture.
- Knowledge of the scientific method, the epidemiological method, and basic statistics. Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in general Medicine.
- Warmth and availability to care for the patient and his or her family.
- Honesty and respect of others.
- An attitude of academic improvement and self-learning.
- Enterprising spirit.
- Perseverance in your personal and professional development.
- Responsibility and leadership in the health care team.
Upon completion of your studies in Family Medicine, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- In-depth knowledge to provide anticipatory, comprehensive, and continuous medical care to individuals and their families.
- Competencies in the areas of Pediatrics, Gynecology, Internal Medicine, Emergencies, Surgery, and the different pathologies in the comprehensive care of children, adolescents, and adults.
- Knowledge of the contextual aspects intervening in the family’s health-disease process.
- Application of patient safety principles.
Upon completion of your studies in Family Medicine, you will have developed the following skills:
- Critical reflection as a habitual element, applied at the prevention, diagnostic, treatment, and rehabilitation levels in the study of individual and family health.
- Establish bonds of shared responsibility with the family and the health care team for the comprehensive management of families in your care.
- Apply methods and techniques appropriate to the individual and group circumstances of your professional practice.
- Use the scientific method as a tool for the solution of problems and evidence-based Medicine for its updating. Acquire new skills and abilities in accordance with the scientific advances of your specialty.
Upon completion of your studies in Family Medicine, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- Behave with solid social awareness and with strong professional and humanistic values.
- Establish effective physician-patient and physician-family relationships.
- Conduct yourself with respect and responsibility toward the work team, society, and the environment.
- Promote medical advances with the greatest benefits and the smallest risks.
- Have a continuing interest in medical education.
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Consult the courses that you will take in the specialty in Family Medicine.
|SSMF1008||Clinical Training I||70|
|SSMF1003||Obstetrics and Gynecology I||3|
|SSMF1004||Internal Medicine I||4|
|SSMF2008||Clinical Training II||70|
|SSMF2003||Internal Medicine II||4|
|SSMF2004||Surgery and Emergencies||3|
|SSMF3010||Clinical Training III||70|
|SSMF3004||Internal Medicine III||4|
|SSMF3005||Obstetrics and Gynecology II||3|
|SSMF3007||Medical and Health Education||6|
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.