The UDEM Medical Doctor Program (MD Program) has a modern formative program, leading in educational quality, with a cutting-edge simulation laboratory.
Additionally, we have the widest clinical field, in which you will have national and international experiences with activities at hospitals which are part of IMSS, ISSSTE, the Health Secretariat, Christus Muguerza, and Hospital Ángeles Valle Oriente, and hospitals in the United States and Spain with which we hold agreements.
Our accreditation by the Mexican Council for the Accreditation of Medical Education (COMAEM) is in force through the year 2022.
We are certified by the Inter-institutional Committee for the Evaluation of Higher Education until the year 2025.
Laboratories are at your disposal.
We are accredited as an International Training Center by the American Heart Association.
We have been present at UDEM for 48 years.
We educate and train cultured professionals with a general mastery of medicine and a broad vision of the profession, which you will practice with a high level of competency, commitment, and honesty. We train you efficiently so that you can apply clinical knowledge in a rigorous and scientific manner to solve a variety of diseases and rehabilitate the patient from the sequelae caused by them. Additionally, you will be able to solve individual and community health conditions in an effective and humanistic manner.
To this end, you will make use of presentation techniques in classes and self-study in order to build basic knowledge that will be supplemented with the preparation of clinical records in real scenarios, rotations, and duty shifts in the various medical services, and participation in campaigns and brigades, workshops, symposia, and conferences.
The intended purpose is for you to practice excellent primary health care, with an ability to identify situations that require more specialized management. Likewise, you will work out preventative medicine measures and influence the community positively for their application.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will use your knowledge of basic sciences and clinical sciences to make diagnoses, propose treatments, give prognoses, and apply preventative measures for ailments, within the scope of the practice of a general practitioner.
- You will develop an ethical, responsible professional practice to care for patients.
Medical Doctor. Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20100875 dated July 5, 2010. Effective as of July 2015.
In order to pursue this degree program, you must have an aptitude for and an inclination towards the natural sciences area; a capacity for autonomous work and team work; a disposition for continuing improvement; an ability for constant self-study, and a sense of commitment and solidarity.
Upon completion of this degree program, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- You will identify the manifestation of an abnormality, based on command over events and human biological and psychological characteristics.
- You will differentiate the signs and symptoms of the most frequent diseases, applying basic diagnosis techniques and procedures.
- You will apply preventative measures, timely treatment, prognosis, and rehabilitation to individual and community cases.
- You will timely distinguish cases that require to be referred, accepting the limitations of your own competency.
- You will apply the scientific method and categorize the health needs of the country and the community.
Upon completion of this degree program, you will have developed the following skills:
- You will record information on your patients and follow-up on the progression of the ailment.
- You will interpret your patients’ emotional and sociocultural elements in order to integrate them into to the diagnosis.
- You will manage your patients’ health and the health of their communities in an optimal manner, in accordance with available resources.
- You will master computing science concepts that will be useful in the search and gathering of bibliographical material and in the administrative processes of your work.
- You will apply didactic procedures to the development of community health education and the application of timely preventative measures.
- You will master English as a second language, which will allow you to stay up to date in the scientific environment and establish communication with your foreign colleagues.
Upon completion of this degree program, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- Helpful to the community.
- Ethical in the practice of the profession.
- Responsible in the care of patients.
- Willing to grow and develop professionally on an ongoing basis, aiming to stay constantly up to date.
- A community leader to have a positive impact on morbidity and mortality issues.
Field of work
As a graduate of the UDEM Medical Doctor Program, you will be able to work as a(n):
- General practitioner
- Owner of your own office
- Researcher or professor
- Hospital or clinic administrator
You can also pursue further studies and specialize in Plastic Surgery, Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Pediatrics, General Surgery, Radiology, Cardiology, Psychiatry, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Orthopedics, Family Medicine, Public Health, Community Medicine, and Hospital Management, to name a few areas.
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Profesores de la Vicerrectoría de Ciencias de la Salud
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.