You will be able to analyze issues regarding the different energy-related activities through conceptual and practical foundations. You will be able to assess and reflect on the legal problems and the obligations of entrepreneurs as concerns the environment.
You will understand the negotiation process and learn to use negotiation tools in order to be able to negotiate effectively through practice and achieve agreements which are satisfactory to the parties.
In the Energy and Natural Resources category, within the Top 200 of Latin America, of the Eduniversal Best Masters Ranking 2019.
a nivel nacional en la categoría Energy and Natural Resources de Eduniversal Best Masters Ranking 2019.
You will be comprehensively educated and trained as a specialist who masters the understanding and construction of the legal framework as concerns energy, through the learning of theory and practice. Similarly, you will develop the ability to solve legal problems in the national energy sector, for the benefit of the State and Society, with a sense of ethics and responsibility.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will understand the national legal framework on energy.
- You will analyze issues regarding the different energy-related activities through conceptual and practical foundations.
- You will develop skills to offer advisory services on energy-related issues.
- You must hold an undergraduate degree in Law, Management, Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Architecture, or like disciplines.
- Be analytical.
- Be responsible and ethical.
- Have a service-oriented attitude.
- Be creative.
- Have the ability to work in a team.
As a graduate, you will acquire the following competencies upon completion of the specialty:
- You will be able to analyze and solve issues regarding the different energy-related activities through conceptual and practical foundations.
- You will have developed skills concerning Energy Law.
- You will be able to analyze, summarize, construe, and argue with regard to the legal framework on energy, with a sense of ethics and responsibility.
As a graduate, you will acquire the following knowledge upon completion of the specialty:
- Energy policy and regulations.
- Legal framework of hydrocarbons.
- Legal regime of regulated gas activities.
- Legal framework of electrical power.
- Financing of energy projects.
- Environmental Law.
- Alternative dispute resolution methods.
- Negotiation strategies.
As a graduate, you will acquire the following skills upon completion of the specialty:
- Problem solving.
- Ethical decision-making.
- Analyzing and summarizing Information.
- Construction and arguments of energy law.
As a graduate, you will acquire the following attitudes upon completion of the specialty:
- Ethical commitment.
- Critical, proactive thinking.
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Consult the courses that you will take in the Specialty in Energy Law.
*The order presented may change.
|Energy Policy and Regulations||6|
|Alternative Dispute Resolution Methods||6|
|Negotiation Strategies Workshop||3|
|Legal Regime of Regulated Gas Activities||6|
|Legal Framework of Hydrocarbons||6|
|Legal Framework of Electrical Power||6|
|Sources of Financing for Energy Projects||6|
Total credits: 45