UDEM’s doctoral program in Law offers solid education and training for legal researchers with academic excellence and ethical behavior so that they can develop new knowledge in the field of legal science and original contributions that innovatively respond to the needs of society.
Years of duration.
Lines of research: Human Rights and Business Law.
Examen de grado presencial en Campus UDEM.
La UDEM es miembro de Sui Iuris, Asociación Iberoamericana de Facultades y Escuelas de Derecho.
Graduates will have acquired rigorous scientific training that will allow them to carry out high-quality legal research to produce new knowledge in the field of legal science and original contributions that innovatively respond to the needs of society, also enabling them as specialized advisors and consultants.
Hold an undergraduate degree in Law with a master’s in one of the following areas of knowledge, or like disciplines:
- Social Sciences
- The Humanities
- International Relations
- International Trade
Candidates should preferably be able to read and understand texts in English.
- Main contemporary theories on their lines of research.
- Command of areas of their legal specialization.
- Advanced legal research methods.
- Argumentation and interpretation for legal research.
- Multidisciplinary knowledge oriented to the scientific research of legal topics.
- In-depth knowledge of the philosophy, sociology, and technique of law as foundations of the legal phenomenon.
- Use of various methodologies for specialized legal research.
- Analysis of legal phenomena in an innovative manner.
- Counsel on topics related to their lines of research.
- Application of legal knowledge through their research and impacting on social transformations as an opinion leader.
- Solution of practical legal problems through legal research.
- Development of legal research with scientific rigor and a disciplinary and transdisciplinary profile.
- Academic leadership.
- Specialized consulting and advice.
- Systematic use of various sources of Law.
- Participation in teaching in undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Leading legal research projects.
- Generating legal alternatives and critical thinking with regard to the established norm.
- Applying legal knowledge on behalf of their advisees and clients.
- Commitment, collaboration, and orientation to results.
- Professionalism and ethical behavior.
- Social responsibility for the analysis of law form an innovative perspective.
- Autonomous learning.
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
The program is divided into six semesters, with two courses, and five Seminars on Legal
Research Seminars and Thesis.
|Advanced Legal Methodology||6|
|Argumentation and Interpretation for Legal Research||6|
|Legal Research and Thesis Seminar I||13|
|Legal Research and Thesis Seminar II||13|
|Legal Research and Thesis Seminar III||13|
|Legal Research and Thesis Seminar lV||13|
|Legal Research and Thesis Seminar V||13|
Total number of credits: 77
Graduation requirement: passing the degree examination.