Online Collaboration Projects (COIL)
What is COIL?
Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) projects will enable you to collaborate virtually with students from different countries, through activities guided by a facilitator.
Imagine taking a course on Business, Engineering, or the Humanities, but sharing contents and collaborative activities with students from countries such as Lebanon, Japan, or Russia!
- The teachers involved in the program (local and foreign) are the ones who create the content of the course and put it into practice for at least 4 weeks.
- Projects are developed among UDEM students and multicultural groups.
- An agreement is established, by the parties involved, on the technological platform to be used during the virtual collaboration process.
- Students remain physically in the institution where they are enrolled and are evaluated by the course's teacher.
- Internationalization of the curriculum.
- International networking training.
- Development of intercultural dialogue.
- Teacher internationalization (publications and presentations).
- Academic training within a global context.
- Development of intercultural competences.
- Value in SICA.
- Application for the Internationalization at Home Award.
The class connects in real time through different platforms.
The activities are online. Students must connect outside of class to work together.