In the Doctorate in Education (DEDU) you will be trained as a researcher who is capable of generating relevant knowledge that responds to the social needs in the educational field. You will be able to fulfill duties as a specialized advisor and consultant, acting as an agent of change in the field of educational sciences.
The doctoral program focuses on a humanistic education, centered on a comprehensive approach to the person and to the community, visualizing education as an engine of economic, human, social, and technological growth. All lines of research developed will be supported by these pillars.
Call for Entries - Fall 2023 (Spanish)
The Doctorate program has a duration of 2.5 years
21 research lines are available to develop in the Doctorate
The aim of the Doctorate in Education program is to train and educate researchers who are capable of creating relevant knowledge in the various fields of education while at the same time responding to the needs of society.
Get to know the lines of research available for the doctorate ⬇
- Educational Mobility
- Neuroscientific Foundations of Learning
- Neurosciences for Language, Writing, and Mathematical Reasoning
- Educational Innovation
- Psychopedagogical Diagnosis and Intervention
- Educational Inclusion
- Special Educational Needs
- Educational Change and Evaluation
- Virtual Learning Environments
- Competency-based Education
- Equality and Inclusion
- Non-formal Education
- Lifelong Learning
- Educational Wellness
- Education and Educational Quality
- Instructional Leadership
- Orientation and Tutoring
- Educational Management and Administration
- Child Education and Development
- Family and Education
- Design and Assessment of Sociocultural Programs
Important: Other lines of research in the field of education may be suggested, provided they are duly justified.
Doctorate in Education with Recognition of Official Validity Studies granted by the Secretariat of Public Education dated June 11th, 2021, in accordance with RVOE agreement 20211072.
In order to pursue the Doctorate in Education, you should…
- Be knowledgeable in the theoretical foundations of education.
- Have previously developed knowledge of research since you will have to submit a preliminary project to be admitted into the program.
- Be acquainted with scientific methodology.
- Know how to do research and look up bibliographic references.
- Use statistical packages relevant to research.
- Have a command of the English language.
Upon completion of this doctoral program, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- Assessment of contemporary theories in your lines of research.
- A command of your areas of specialization.
- Application of advanced quantitative and qualitative methods of research.
- A command of reasoning and interpreting for research.
- Application of multi-disciplinary knowledge oriented to the scientific research of educational and humanistic topics.
Upon completion of this doctoral program, you will have developed the following skills:
- A command of the different research methodologies.
- Analyzing educational and humanistic phenomena.
- Advising on issues related to your lines of research.
- Applying knowledge through your research, as well as having an impact on social transformations as an opinion leader.
- Solving practical problems through research.
- Developing research with scientific rigor and a disciplinary and transdisciplinary profile.
- Academic leadership.
- Ability to provide specialized advice and consultancy.
- Teaching in undergraduate and graduate-level programs.
Upon completion of this doctoral program, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- Critical ability regarding the regulation in place for the generation of alternative proposals in the different fields of education.
- Collaboration and results-orientation.
- Ethics and professionalism.
- Social responsibility.
- Autonomous learning to continue your training and education in the cognitive skills and the relevant knowledge applied to your scientific and professional activities.
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Consult the courses that you will take in the Doctorate in Education
Fundamentals of Research in Education and the Humanities
|Research Proposal I
|Research Proposal II
|Research Proposal III
|Research Proposal IV