The Bachelor's Degree in Business Management Engineering (IGE) has a specialized curriculum through which you will not only acquire knowledge, but you will also be able to participate in exchange programs at prestigious universities that offer courses in the field of Engineering Management.
with the largest student body at UDEM.
in Nuevo León, México.
Unique engineering with concentration in Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Manage and innovate companies and organizations, by designing and implementing administrative and productive processes.
- Develop and execute business strategies to achieve goals, using resources in an optimal way in order to create competitive enterprises.
- Develop professionals capable of solving problems and communicating solutions, considering ethical responsibility and global, social, and environmental impact; through engineering and science.
Student Learning Outcomes
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management Engineering with Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Secretariat of Public Education dated March 19, 2021, in accordance with agreement 20210449. Effective as from January 2021.
As an applicant to study Engineering in Business Management, you must have:
- Critical and mathematical thinking.
- An analytical, precise, well-structured, and organized personality.
- A capacity for problem solving.
- An interest in entrepreneurship.
Additionally, you must demonstrate an interest in any of the following professional fields:
- Finance and administration.
- The improvement of the administrative and productive processes of a company in any sector/ industry (manufacturing, government, service, health, and education).
- The creation and management of companies in the industrial or service sectors.
- The management of productive and administrative processes in a family business.
As a graduate of the degree in Engineering in Business Management, you will have developed the following knowledge:
About administrative topics:
- General administration and business management, project management, company management and supply chain logistics, considering its structure, inventories, and transport.
- Accounting and finance.
- Economics and forecasting models for business decision making.
- Entrepreneurship and business development.
- Economic assessment of investment projects.
- Technology innovation and management.
- Strategic planning and operations strategy.
About quality, productivity, and competitiveness:
- Use of statistical and administrative tools to solve problems, as well as use of methodologies that help companies to improve their quality, productivity, and competitiveness.
- Management of quality systems, total quality systems, and Six Sigma systems.
About organizational design, management of the human resource, and organizational behavior:
- Systemic vision of the organization, analysis and design of work positions.
- Human resources planning.
About operations management and research:
- Design, optimization, and implementation of administrative and productive processes, through work design.
- Supply chain management.
- Production planning and control.
- Use of tools for inventory control and materials storage.
- Operational efficiency, work cells, and cellular manufacturing.
- Layout design.
Upon completion of the program, you will have developed the following skills:
- You will design business plans, and you will arrange the productive processes, marketing, and financing, in order to create the business.
- You will develop and evaluate investment projects.
- You will analyze problems from a strategic and multidisciplinary perspective in order to solve conflicts concerning the management of operations and organizations.
- You will manage and lead projects for the continuous improvement of a company’s productive operations, as well as financial and administrative projects.
- You will design, implement, and manage the supply chain, taking into consideration its structure, inventories, and transport.
- You will develop strategies to process capital resources for decision making in businesses.
- You will prepare forecasts to define a company’s operation strategies.
- You will manage manufacturing operations, ranging from the physical location and layout of the facilities to the determination of the economic and strategic feasibility of the business.
- You will develop a systemic vision in the organization in order to identify problems, carry out diagnostics, and design and implement solutions.
- You will design, implement, and manage methodologies and tools that improve quality, competitiveness, and productivity in organizations.
- You will improve your oral and written communication skills.
- You will communicate in a second language.
- You will use specialized operations-management software applied to business.
- You will improve your decision-making and interdisciplinary work skills.
Upon completion of your Engineering in Business Management, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- Results-oriented: you will always tackle problems and/or projects with the purpose of reaching favorable results.
- Leadership: you will master the process of influencing people so that they direct their efforts to the achievement of business goals.
- Critical thinking: you will analyze and assess opinions, statements, outcomes, and changes, both in your professional performance and in your daily life.
- Adaptation to change: you will develop a flexible character to achieve goals in face of the continuous change of competitors technologies, in processes, new processes and/or services.
- Community service: through a spirit of service, you will help both the company’s internal community (the workers) as well as the community surrounding the company.
- Social responsibility: you will actively and voluntarily contribute to the social, economic, and environmental improvement of your milieu effected by the company where you work.
- Ethics in your professional performance: you will have moral values whose fundamental purpose will be to seek and try to guarantee the common good.
Furthermore, you will develop an enterprising, analytical, and strategic spirit.
Field of work
As a future Business Management Engineer, you will be able to set up your own business or work in various labor sectors -industrial, entrepreneurial, or governmental, as well as in civil organizations and service companies.
- Design of business plans.
- Strategic company planning.
- Business reengineering and management for the continuous improvement of productive processes and services.
- Financial engineering for the management, assessment, and coordination of business and expansion projects.
- Development of efficiency projects for the company’s production activities and supply chain.
- Business creation.
- Development of new expansion projects – project engineering.
- Project management.
- Consultancy on manufacturing, quality, and productivity management.
Through UDEM’s Entrepreneurship and Innovation Hub, we seek to promote an enterprising culture, so that as an IGE graduate, you will receive support from UDEM to create, strengthen, and internationalize small and mid-size companies based on innovation. Additionally, you will hold at least one professional certification, such as the...
- Certification in operations management.
- Certification in project management.
- Certification in logistics and chain supply, in Melbourne, Australia.
- Quality Certifications from the American Society for Quality (ASQ) and ISO 9000.
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Professors of the School of Engineering and Technologies
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.