You will train as a specialist physician with the intellectual needs of a professional Anesthesiologist, with the skills and abilities that you will exercise as a specialist in the field of general, regional, and special anesthesia.
Duration: 3 years.
- IMSS UMAE 6, 33 and 25.
- Christus Muguerza Alta Especialidad (High-Specialty Hospital).
- Christus Muguerza del Parque, Chihuahua.
Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20110455 dated March 2017.
In this specialty you will generate the use of the scientific method as a habitual instrument for your professional development and as a participative research instrument in your field of specialization. Furthermore, you will develop the necessary humanistic capacity and ethics to establish physician-patient, physician-family, physician-peer, and physician-work team relationships with quality and human warmth in the practice of your profession, and respect for the environment.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will solve the problems that may arise in the operating room in the most efficient and swiftest manner.
- You will demonstrate through your actions the principles of ethics and professionalism of your specialty.
- You will support the tutoring of lower-ranking peers and patients.
- You will conduct research that will allow you to make decisions regarding the care of your patients.
To pursue the Specialty in Anesthesiology, you must have a strong background of basic knowledge that allows you to acquire the following:
- Broad knowledge of scientific methodology, basic statistics, and the epidemiological method.
- Scientific foundations of Medicine: Basic Sciences (Physiology, Biochemistry, Anatomy, Neuroanatomy, Pharmacology, Histology, Embryology etc.), Clinical Sciences (Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Emergencies, Family Medicine and Public Health), socio-medical sciences and general culture.
- Responsibility and leadership in the health care team.
- Have an attitude of academic advancement and self-learning.
Upon completion of your studies in Anesthesiology, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- In-depth knowledge of the medical care methods and techniques corresponding to a specialist in Anesthesiologist, both individually and as part of a team of specialist physicians.
- You will select, analyze, and appreciate medical literature related to Anesthesiology, appropriately applying it to your daily activities in order to support, deepen, and broaden your professional scope.
- You will describe the principles of Basic Sciences (Anatomy, Physiology and Biophysics, Molecular Biology and Pharmacology) for their practice in Anesthesiology.
- You will evaluate, plan, and organize a pre-, trans-, and post-operatory therapeutic program, applying and carrying out different general, regional, and special anesthesia, taking responsibility for your decisions.
- You will be knowledgeable in different monitoring and instrumentation procedures, indications, and limitations.
- You will be knowledgeable in the physiologic of the most frequent morbid states in Neurology, Endocrinology, Hematology, and Cardiology.
Upon completion of your studies in Anesthesiology, you will have developed the following skills:
- You will apply the diagnostic and treatment resources corresponding to your area of professional practice.
- You will collaborate productively with the different physicians in the medical team that requires your services on a daily basis, fostering an integrative vision of your work with regard to the work of the other medical professionals.
- You will evaluate, plan, and organize a pre-, trans, and post-operatory therapeutic program, applying and carrying out different anesthesia techniques.
- You will design the different monitoring and instrumentation procedures for each patient. You will apply and evaluate the results.
Upon completion of your studies in Anesthesiology, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- You will construe the physician’s professional training process as a human and social phenomenon, taking into consideration the institutional conditions in which Anesthesiology is practiced and taught in the public and private sectors.
- You will base the practice of Anesthesiology on the principles of humanitarianism, taking into consideration the person’s bio-psycho-spiritual integrity in its constant interaction with the social milieu and with respect for the environment.
- You will foster your permanent education and professional advancement for your continuous improvement and the ethical use of medical knowledge.
- You will appreciate medical literature, appropriately applying it to your daily activities in order to support, deepen, and broaden your professional actions in the area of Anesthesiology.
- You will establish a positive relationship with the patient, his or her family, and the professional circles.
- You will act at all time with the humanitarianism and respect that your patients deserve.
- You will assume the moral obligation of educating other generations of physicians, health personnel, and society.
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Consult the courses that you will take in the specialty in Anesthesiology.
|Basic Subjects Applied to Anesthesiology
|General Concepts in Anesthesiology and Anesthetic Methods
|Monitoring and Instrumentation in Anesthesiology I
|Anesthesiology by Specialties I
|Ethics and Medical Professionalism
|Respiratory Therapy I
|Medical and Health Education
|Clinical Training I
|Monitoring and Instrumentation in Anesthesiology II
|Respiratory Therapy II
|Selected Topics in Internal Medicine
|Anesthesiology by Specialties II
|Clinical Training II
|Anesthesiology by Specialties III
|Anesthesiology in Patients with Aggregate Disease
|Pain Clinical Practice
|Clinical Training III
Professors of the Vice-Presidency of Health Sciences
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.