With our undergraduate degree program in civil engineering (ICI), we offer you a very thorough curriculum which, in addition to the necessary theoretical knowledge, provides you with the opportunity to acquire professional experience before graduating, through internships and the Final Evaluation Program.
Furthermore, you will receive support and advice from highly prestigious faculty members with extensive careers in the field of civil engineering.
Exchange programs with the best universities.
Del alumnado ha acreditado el examen de grado del CENEVAL.
De egresados cuenta con un empleo o beca para maestría.
You will be educated and trained as an innovative professional who is capable of planning, designing, modeling, managing, and building various types of projects that promote the development of industry, the different human settlements, and the entire infrastructure of the country with the objective of using energy resources efficiently and taking environmental protection into consideration for the benefit of the community.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will analyze and design elements and/or structures of different types of buildings in order to produce maximum efficiency in terms of space, cost, and time as concerns materials, geometries, and construction systems.
- You will study, plan, integrate, and coordinate the different activities carried out before, during, and after each construction, keeping detailed control of the elements involved, i.e. materials, machinery, equipment, and human resources used during the process.
- You will make decisions concerning the development and implementation of construction solutions, based on experience, technological trends, and market trends.
- You will carry out the planning and project of regions, zones, and cities, in regard to their constructions, services, transport, and hydraulic resources.
Bachelor of Civil Engineering. Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20120945 dated July 27, 2012. Effective as of August 2014.
As a candidate to pursue this program you must have…
- An interest in the fields of physics, mathematics, construction materials, and design.
- A capacity to create and innovate.
- Skills to establish rapport and lead multidisciplinary work teams to develop projects in the various areas of civil engineering.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following competencies:
- You will practice and specialize in any field of civil engineering, including the areas of construction, structure project and design, transport engineering, hydrology, and environmental engineering.
- You will project, design, work out the cost of, build, and manage construction projects connected with urban, industrial, commercial, housing, and infrastructure development.
- You will develop engineering projects that respond to the demands of society and which result in the improvement of people’s quality of life and of the country’s infrastructure.
Field of work
As an ICI graduate, you will be able to work in both the public sector (Secretariats of Communication and Transport, Public Works, and Transport) and in the private sector (construction companies, real estate developers, engineering firms), or as a freelance consultant.
- Structural engineer
- Environmental engineer
- Hydraulic engineer
- Project manager
- Construction site director
- Construction manager
- Cost analyst
- Roads engineer
- Geotechnical engineer
- Materials engineer
- Urban planner
- Environmental consultant
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.