As part of this program, you will develop as an expert in and connoisseur of the Mexican political system. You will apply knowledge of public administration and best practices in the sphere of public service. Furthermore, you will analyze political theory processes in order to understand the role of power and negotiation throughout the history of society.
Additionally, you will be able to associate the influence of different internal and external players in the consolidation processes of political processes and citizen participation to understand the context of political decisions.
Exchange programs for you to study in the best institutions in the world.
Program that offers Political Science with Governance as the guiding axis.
Workshops designed to get the most out of the academic program.
de los profesores de tiempo completo tienen grado doctoral y son expertos en la disciplina que imparten.
Participación de nuestros alumnos en concursos nacionales e internacionales.
Programa de radio de análisis político conducido por estudiantes, Acción Cívica Interuniversitaria, Red Universitaria de Promoción de Derechos Humanos Capítulo UDEM, entre otros.
You will be educated and trained as a professional with the abilities necessary to improve governmental quality, in accordance with the demands of the current political situation. Furthermore, you will be able to recognize the national and international historical context of political participation and good practice processes, of political theory and governance, and of the analysis methods of the political system and its various factors.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will apply the knowledge of public administration and best practices to the public service field, civil society and private sector.
- You will analyze the political theory processes in order to understand the function of power and negotiation throughout the history of society.
- You will relate the influence of different internal and external actors in the consolidation processes of political processes and citizen participation in order to understand the context of political decisions.
Bachelor of Political Science and Governance. Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20090939 dated October 8, 2009. Effective as of February 2015.
In order to join this degree program, you should have a keen interest in public activity and the operation of government, preferably with a strong commitment to political participation or a profile focused on political analysis. Likewise, you should have a special disposition to decision-making and leadership processes, as well as to communication and the analysis of social issues.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- Of political theory and political analysis.
- Of the world political system and of the Mexican political system in particular.
- Of the main research areas of public administration, and the operation of governmental institutions.
- Of democratic processes and citizen participation.
- Of the legal principles that govern the functioning of society, especially in the area of Constitutional Law, Fundamental Rights, and Administrative Law.
- Of modern world history and the history of politics.
- Of the economic principles that enable the functioning of society in both its private and public sectors.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following skills:
- You will be able to develop political, historical, and economic analyses.
- You will encourage and promote social scenarios.
- You will design and assess public policies.
- You will carry out discourse and content analysis.
- You will carry out interdisciplinary work.
- You will work in a team.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- Adaptation to change.
- Service to the community.
- Social responsibility.
- Ethical professional performance.
- Critical assessment of own work.
- Critical thinking.
- Creativity and independence.
Field of work
As a graduate from UDEM’s undergraduate degree program in Political Science and Governance, you will be able to work in the government, citizen institutions, and national and international civil societies, to name a few options.
- Political Analyst
- Political Consultant
- Public Servant
- Public Relations Coordinator
- Political Campaign Coordinator
- Representative (Deputy)
- Officer in International Agencies
- Opinion leader
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more