Through the Bachelor of Economics (LEC) program you will learn to master the economic theory and its applications in the private, public, and social sectors that lead to the improvement of their milieu and environment with ethical and social responsibility.
Half of our faculty are members of the National Researchers System (SNI).
Of our students hold jobs by the time they graduate.
We are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
We also hold accreditations from SACS, FIMPES, and CIEES.
We have an IQOM license, experts in commercial information.
Dual degree and double degree options available thanks to our international agreements.
Our program is part of the Ceneval’s Padrón EGEL de Programas de Alto Rendimiento (EGEL Register of High-Performance Programs).
To train and educate leaders who apply critical, innovative thinking for the solution of problems in changing economic environments, handling negotiations in any economic situation to generate optimum, sustainable solutions with ethical and social responsibility.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will develop econometric models that help to solve economic problems through the use of specialized software.
- You will propose economic arguments based on critical thinking, in order to generate new knowledge.
- You will apply financial analysis to support ethical decision-making in different organizations and companies.
- You will categorize teamwork in multidisciplinary and multicultural environments to enable their entrance into the world of work.
- You will formulate strategic decision-making in all social sectors, using economic and IT tools to plan work in any organization.
Bachelor’s degree in Economics with Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Secretariat of Public Education dated March 1, 2021, in accordance with agreement 20210419. Effective as from November 2020.
As a candidate to pursue this program, you should have…
- A capacity to identify fundamental economic variables and reflect on their importance.
- Knowledge to formulate and solve mathematical problems.
- Civic and ethical awareness to lead community life.
- Analytical and quantitative skills.
- Knowledge of how to handle, read, and understand graphs.
- Clear oral and written communication.
- Sensitivity and an inclination to adapt to other cultures, as well as being receptive and open to other ideas.
- The ability to express ideas and concepts critically.
- An attitude of service and a concern for community problems.
- An interest in collaborating in projects for community causes.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following knowledge:
- An understanding and application of economic theory.
- Formulating and developing economic models.
- Functional management of quantitative methods in Economics.
- Understanding and application of financial analysis.
- Conducting market analysis and strategic proposals.
- Understanding the history of economic thinking and the economic history of Mexico.
- Formulation and application of public policies.
- Identification of cultural, political, economic, and legal factors of other regions and countries.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following skills:
- Use of technological tools and specialized software.
- Communicating ideas orally and in writing, in Spanish and English.
- Decision-making and analysis.
- Accepting and adapting to change.
- Problem solving.
- Interacting in intercultural and multidisciplinary environments.
- Control of emotions.
Upon completion of this program, you will have developed the following attitudes:
- Social Responsibility
- Critical and Analytical Thinking
Field of work
As an UDEM LEC graduate, you will be able to work as a(n):
- Financial economist (banks and brokerage firms)
- Public, economic, and social policy strategist (federal and state agencies)
- Entrepreneurial Economist (various areas of the private sector, such as strategic or economic planning manager and/or specialized consultant)
- Econometrist (statistics organizations, or information-generating consultantships)
- International economist (international organizations in the commercial, economic, or financial fields)
- Economic research (educator and/or researcher)
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Professors of the School of Business
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.