The Bachelor of Tourism Management and Innovation (LGIT) program trains and educates professionals who are capable of designing, developing, and managing tourism products, events, and experiences that contribute to social well-being, leading public and private organizations related to the tourism industry with integrity and social responsibility.
Jobs in the world are related to tourism.
Here and in other organizations such as hotels, restaurants, resorts, etc., you can complete your professional internship to complete two years of experience.
We are the only tourism and business related program in Mexico accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Double degree options available thanks to our international agreements.
This program is accredited by the Consejo Nacional para la Calidad de la Educación Turística, A. C., valid through 2022.
Our program is affiliated to the Asociación Mexicana de Centros de Enseñanza Superior en Turismo y Gastronomía.
We have a collaboration agreement for employment and development with the Asociación Femenil de Ejecutivas de Empresas Turísticas.
This program is part of the EGEL (Ceneval) Registry of Excellence in Tourism.
We are affiliated with the Nuevo León Tourism Cluster, which enables us to liaise and collaborate with the different professional players in the sector.
Only Mexican university that is an academic partner in the WTFL.
Finalists in the first edition of the 2020 UNWTO Students' League.
To train and educate professionals in the design, development, and management of innovative tourism products and experiences who contribute to social well-being leading public and private organizations related to the tourism industry with integrity and social responsibility.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will manage processes in the tourism and gastronomy industry that contribute to economic growth and to the responsible, sustainable, and accessible development of tourism, based on international quality standards.
- You will develop and execute strategic and marketing plans through research that furthers the competitiveness of tourism-related organizations.
- You will manage and promote tourist destinations through the conservation of their tangible and intangible heritage in order to respond to market needs.
- You will design and evaluate the impact of shows, festivals, fairs, congresses and exhibitions, and incentive trips by organizing and participating in events.
- You will assess the feasibility of tourism-related projects, based on the analysis of sustainability criteria for decision-making, with an emphasis on justice and social well-being.
- You will develop new tourism products, services, and experiences according to market trends and the use of technology to aim for competitiveness within the industry.
Bachelor’s degree in Tourism Management and Innovation with Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Secretariat of Public Education dated March 1, 2021, in accordance with agreement 20210421. Effective as from November 2020.
As a candidate to pursue this program, you should have...
- A capacity for critical analysis, reflection, and innovation.
- Integrity and a commitment to society, as well as dedication to service.
- An ability to communicate and express ideas and concepts.
- A positive attitude toward change.
- An ability to adapt to the international cultural environment.
- An interest in and respect for other cultures and social practices.
- An interest in developing national and international tourism activity.
Upon completion of this degree program, students will have developed the following knowledge:
- Management of destinations and companies in the tourism and gastronomy sector.
- Marketing and commercialization of tourist destinations and companies.
- Competitiveness and international quality standards in the industry.
- Technological management tools for the tourism industry.
- Economic and financial analysis of the tourism industry and events, as well as their interpretation.
- Principles, trends, and innovations in tourism and gastronomy.
- Tourism geography, national and world socio-cultural heritage.
- Tourism legislation, public policy, and governance.
- Sustainable planning and development of tourism.
- Strategies for the development of new tourism products and experiences.
Upon completion of this degree program, students will have developed the following skills:
- Adaptation to change and different cultures.
- Establishing links between the different tourism players.
- Organizing and leading work teams and operational areas that provide tourism and gastronomy services.
- Innovating, managing, and operating tourism services with high international quality standards.
- Communicating efficiently orally and in writing, both in Spanish and English, for the management of tourism products and services.
- Using information technologies for the management of companies in the sector.
- An ability to propose new technological tools for tourism innovation.
- Search and critical analysis of economic, social, and environmental information for decision-making in tourism projects.
- Sales and negotiation strategies in international environments.
- Contingency and crisis management ability.
- Visualizing trends that affect tourism in order to make pertinent, innovative decisions.
- Creating tourism and gastronomy experiences for different markets.
Upon completion of this degree program, students will have developed the following attitudes:
- Service and hospitality in the different tourist areas in the country and abroad.
- Responsibility for sustainable tourism, appreciating and respecting the environmental conservation, culture, traditions, and social wellbeing of the different players and settings where tourist activity takes place or where there are plans to develop it.
- Ethical professional performance.
- Leadership with emotional intelligence in your strategy.
- Proactive, flexible, innovative.
- Adaptation to change and new multicultural environments.
- Critical thinking.
Field of work
As an UDEM LGIT graduate, you can work as a(n):
- Manager of tourism-related organizations
- Travel agent
- Tourism project assessment consultant
- Tourism business consultant
- Corporate travel consultant
- Customer experience and customer service coordinator
- Creator of gastronomic concepts
- Creator of tourist experiences
- Designer and organizer of social and corporate events
- Accommodation industry executive
- Tourism ambassador
- Enterpriser in the tourism, gastronomy, and hospitality sectors
- Innovator in the tourism and event sector
- Leader in public and private tourism-related organizations
- Leader of sustainable tourism projects
- Restaurant industry leader
- Planner of sustainable tourism projects
- Cultural and heritage promoter
- Promoter of tourist destinations and brands
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Professors of the School of Business
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.