The curriculum we offer in the International Tourism undergraduate program (LTU), unlike other institutions in the region, has a strategic business approach, with theoretical and practical content that will allow you to develop skills to work not only in operational activities, but also in management, in companies and organizations dedicated to different branches of tourism.
Jobs in the world are related to tourism.
Here and in other places you can complete your internship to complete two years of experience.
We are part of the 5% of Business Schools worldwide that hold this accreditation.
The LTU degree program offers you double-degree options with renowned universities.
This program is accredited by the Consejo Nacional para la Calidad de la Educación Turística, A. C., valid through 2022.
Our LTU program is affiliated to the Asociación Mexicana de Centros de Enseñanza Superior en Turismo y Gastronomía, and to the Clúster de Turismo de Nuevo León.
We have a collaboration agreement for employment and development with the Asociación Femenil de Ejecutivas de Empresas Turísticas.
This program is part of the EGEL (Ceneval) Registry of Excellence in Tourism.
Estamos afiliados al Clúster de Turismo de Nuevo León.
Throughout this undergraduate program, you will manage and devise strategic and marketing plans that will increase the competitiveness of private or public tourist sector organizations. Furthermore, you will innovate, process, and operate tourist services with high international quality standards.
Student Learning Outcomes
- You will manage and design of strategic and marketing plans intended to increase the competitiveness of governmental and private organizations belonging to the tourism sector.
- You will innovate, manage and operate tourist service processes with high international quality standards.
- You will design and organize events, conventions and tours.
- You will design tourist products and services according to the market’s conditions and trends, properly applying qualitative and quantitative information, law, tourist space and sustainability criteria, among others.
- You will identify market segments which characteristics, preferences and trends are ideal for tourism products or services.
Bachelor of International Tourism. Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) granted by the Mexican Secretariat of Public Education in accordance with agreement 20101058 dated October 4, 2010. Effective as of March 2015.
As a candidate to pursue this program, you must have a capacity for analysis, criticism, and innovation; high social responsibility; a commitment to society; a positive attitude toward change; a strong inclination to decision-making; an ability to adapt to the international cultural environment; an interest in and respect for other cultures, and an interest in developing national tourist activity.
Upon completion of this degree program, students will have developed the following knowledge:
- Management of tourism-related companies.
- Market research and consumer analysis.
- Tourism services marketing.
- Sales and negotiation strategies.
- Economic and financial analysis.
- Evaluation of investment projects.
- Gastronomy and culinary culture.
- Information and communication technologies for tourism businesses.
- Cultural heritage.
- Legal regulations of tourism.
- Tourism planning.
- You will undertake socially sustainable businesses.
- Strategies to increase the competitiveness of national and multinational companies in the tourist services area.
Upon completion of this degree program, students will have developed the following skills:
- Adaptation to change and to different cultures.
- You will establish links between the different tourism players.
- You will innovate in customer-service processes.
- Communication in a second and third language.
- You will organize and lead work teams that provide tourism services.
- You will innovate, process, and operate tourist services with high international quality standards.
- Good oral and written communication, both in English and Spanish.
- Use of information technologies for tourism administration.
- Search for and analysis of information for decision-making.
- You will organize and operate events, conventions, congresses, and guided tours.
Upon completion of this degree program, students will have developed the following attitudes:
- Service to the community, promoting tourist zones in the country and abroad.
- Social responsibility for sustainable tourism.
- Ethical professional performance.
- Proactive, flexible, and innovating.
- Adaptation to change and to new multicultural environments.
- Critical evaluation of your work.
- Critical thinking.
Field of work
As an UDEM LTU, you can work as a(n):
- Tourist events consultant
- Organizer of international congresses and fairs
- Planner of sustainable tourism projects
- Travel consultant
- Cultural promoter
- Tourism promoter
- Travel agent
- Hotel manager
- Corporate travel consultant
- Travel agency director
- Travel coordinator
- Customer service coordinator
- Travel promoter
- Tours and excursions coordinator
- Creator of own business
Live an experience abroad
Have an academic experience abroad for a summer, a semester or a year.See more
Are you an international student?
Discover the programs that UDEM has for you.See more
Learn about the success stories of our graduates.